Friday, August 7, 2009

It's a Sarah Fish!

I took Sarah swimming yesterday for the first time. She was nervous at first with all the other kids around. I can't blame her. After some girl hit me in the head with one of her diving rings, I shouted in my mom voice, "Watch out!" The kid's reply: "It's okay." Perhaps my mom voice needs a little work.

Anyway, once Sarah figured out she could propel her tube by froggy-kicking her legs, she decided this swimming thing was all right. After she discovered how to splash me in the face, she decided splashing was more fun than swimming.

But judging by the pictures, getting her picture taken on the lounger was the best part.

***And a shout-out of thanks to Mandy, Kenzie and Nadine for the the pool, Sarah's swimsuit/swim diaper and the tube, respectively. I just realized I was a moocher the entire day.***

3 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

That last picture is super cute! I love her smile. Colin has yet to swim in a big pool, but so far he's content to splash in our little plastic pool.

Katherine said...

She is so adorable. :)

The Walker's said...

That was so much fun! And whatever, you are not a moocher! Sarah is so cute, and I'm so glad that she fits in that swimming suit.:)