Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Perfect Gift

I've been stressing about what to get Sarah for her birthday. I don't have the money to get her tons of stuff and hope that she likes at least something -- what I get her has to be good! (Not to mention not annoying and fun for me to play along with her.) I've been searching websites, stores, and classifieds to find the toy that will win her heart.

Today she played with a bottle of paprika for over 10 minutes while I made dinner.

After dinner she stood at the stereo receiver and turned the big volume knob for what seemed like forever.

During her bath, she bit on her washcloth and yanked it back out like 20 times and thought it was hilarious.

Why do I even bother?

3 comments:

The Walker's said...

Don't you love that? I swear we spent so much money on Malea's first Christmas and she just played with the wrapping paper and boxes! Oh well!

Kirsta Silvey said...

I'd get her a nice large Huggies box if I were you. And maybe an empty cream cheese container with a bead necklace inside that you can shake. Or you could try throwing a bunch of junk in a laundry bin. Just some suggestions.

The Reeds said...

lol sounds so familiar. Introduce her to empty milk cartons...hours of entertainment, I tell you what! ;)