Monday, July 12, 2010

We must destroy in order to create.

Justin came into our bedroom the other day and saw his shirt cut up into pieces all over the floor.
Justin: What have you done to my shirt?
Me: You have to destroy to create.

I didn't know I was paraphrasing Joseph Stalin at the time. I just googled the phrase wondering who said it because I didn't think I made it up. Surprise! Just to make it clear, I am not a communist, just ingenuitive.

With some elastic thread and bias tape, voila! New dress for Sarah to grow into. I don't know where I was on the day they covered bias tape during my 5 sewing classes I had over the years, but I just discovered it. I love it.

And no shirt in Justin's closet is safe. I already have plans to make Sarah an apron out of another.

Happy Birthday to Zack. He hit the all-important 8 on Sunday.


Mapleton Park has the best playground for Sarah. There are 5 slides she can get to and go down all by herself. Now I can just stand around and watch how cute she is.

Here's Sarah taking a break from being a spaz at the mall fountain today.

I meant to post these awhile ago. This is at our family reunion. Listen carefully for Sarah to say "Brr" when asked if she's cold.

This is Sarah's favorite song for the moment. Well actually it was her favorite song the week after Father's Day. She's already moved on. She's a sucker for a song with actions.

I love how Sarah says popsicle.

5 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

I have several plaid and striped men's shirts left over from the yard sale that you are welcome to if you come play with me again.... If I were a crafty sewer (not sewer but sew-er) I would use them to make something new.

The Walker's said...

Haha I love it! There are numerous shirts in Keith's closet that I would like to shred up, and not with the intention of making a cute dress for Malea! lol jk! You are so creative. That dress is darling. Hope you guys are doing well, let's get together soon!

Annie said...

That is such a cute dress! Or maybe it's the girl in the dress. Or maybe it's both. Did you make that dress for her to wear on daddy's day?

Mandy said...

Too cute! All those jr. high days of sewing paid off for sure! Didn't we have one of those classes together? I remember one with Em faws. Were you in it too?! Anyway...the dress is DARLING!
Yes! Let's get together soon! I have to go to girls camp next week...YEAH...but I will have some time the last week in July or first 2 weeks in Aug! :)

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

You are so creative! Love the dress! Sarah looks adorable in it. You are such a good mom capturing all the cute stuff she does. I used to be, now I'm a failure :(. Must.do.better.