Monday, February 25, 2013

Confession time again

I get out of bed slowly, in stages, like an old person. I'm not sure when this started (back when big and pregnant maybe?) but I don't like it.

I can eat a lot of potato chips before I realize no one gets full on potato chips so I should stop.

I attempt, every day, to appear put-together.

I am easily intimidated by confident, put-together people.

I am not put-together.  I am hoping no one else really is either.

I have prepared over 500 packets of instant oatmeal. It could easily be more like 700.

Every year about this time, I buy, eat, and hoard Cadbury mini-eggs like they won't be coming back next Easter. 

After nearly 7 years of marriage, I've just realized, today in fact, that although Justin and I share our lives, we do not share a brain. I need to verbalize what's going on in my head.

I get super annoyed by unnecessary mouth noises. 

I don't want Sarah to go to kindergarten because it's such a schedule commitment for me. 

If I were to suddenly have to live a pioneer life I would worry about these things in this order: My armpit hair growing in, my eyebrows growing in, my true hair color (with the ever-increasing grey) growing in, having to slaughter my own meat, not showering every day. These are actually my same concerns about camping for more than 2 nights.

I've written and deleted several confessions that I just don't dare publish.

I only appear easy-going. My laziness just balances out my need to control everything.

I think if I were a drinker, I'd definitely be the glass-of-wine-in-the-afternoon kind of mom.

I'm a Rolo-in-the-afternoon kind of mom. 

I voted all republican except for one democrat (treasurer) in the last election just so I could feel like an independent thinker.

1 comment:

The Walker's said...

Haha love this! You always appear like you have it all together to me, but I agree, I don't think most people REALLY do! I know I'm not! lol! And I also agree that if I drank I would probably be a glass of wine in the afternoon (or evening) kind of person ;)