To get her to clean up, we play the "What's Missing?" game. (From Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, where I get all my parenting skills.) One person puts away 2-4 things then the other person comes back in the room and guesses what the person put away. It makes cleaning take a lot longer but there's no crying or whining (usually).
Sarah's trying to figure out what I put away then it will be her turn. (When it's her room we're cleaning,she's always the put-away-er.)
Here's some more Sarah. See, you're loved, little lady.
And some more. She was actually getting tired of me.
I think she makes it pretty clear how annoying I was being with the camera.
I got the kids some sunglasses since Sarah lost hers again and Henry might be old enough to not snap them in two the moment I hand them to him. It's been 2 weeks and so far, so good. Henry wears them right-side up 50% of the time now. Progress!
Justin's brother Nate and his wife Melissa and Braden's wife Kristen all graduated from BYU.
There's Nate somewhere.
Oh wait, more Sarah. We were waiting to leave the fieldhouse.
Sarah was very excited that Nate doesn't have to do homework anymore.
Here are the graduates and spouses. It was a good day.
Our little future graduate. She's going to be an engineer just like her dad and "build houses and churches and temples and I'll even use pipes too!"
We had a bbq at Justin's parents house that evening. Like any good Dye family gathering, there are multiple kinds of meat.
This, my friends, is 9-Square. The king is in the middle so has to defend from all sides. It's intense and hilarious and gets ridiculous.
Like when the king can call special rules like everyone has to play with chicken wings. Or hop on one foot. Or make animal sounds or name a cereal.
And to make a rainy day a bit less dreary, we made a cushion cave. Here's Sarah giving a tour.
Random picture. My tree makes me happy.
And just to end on a Sarah note, here's preview of the pictures I took of my kids for Henry's birthday/spring/mother's day. You'll have to wait until next week for the rest.
Next week we've got Sarah's last day of preschool, Henry's birthday, my dad's birthday, then we leave for Disneyland. Woohoo!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment