Monday, July 22, 2013

Just a few summer things

Want to know what I've been doing 3 of the last 5 weeks? Cleaning up barf.  I don't know why my kids keep getting stomach bugs but it's gross and totally puts a cramp in my style.  It feels like winter because the weather keeps us inside and my kids are sick so I don't dare take them anywhere. Is it bad I'm already looking forward to fall? And I haven't taken many pictures the last month since most of them would be of sick kids or piles of laundry. But I have managed to find a few.
Sarah and I made a jar full of ideas of activities that we can do together during Henry's nap.  There's like 20 ideas in there but invariably she sifts through the strips of paper until she finds the one that says "paint fingernails".  I let her to do the clear polish all by herself.  

Justin bought this cooler at a garage sale but it's really a train car.
On the 4th of July, Justin and I had tickets to see Stadium of Fire but of course we had a sick kid that day so instead we went to my parent's house in Mapleton and had Driveway of Fire.

This picture pretty much sums up how my days go around here.
Last Saturday Sarah was in our town's children's parade. She was so excited to be in a parade. I'm not exactly sure what she was envisioning in her mind but she seemed thrilled when it was over so I guess it didn't disappoint. She got to ride in the back of a trailer pulled by a 4-wheeler then got a popsicle at the end.
As long as no one throws up, we're going to the rodeo tonight and to Mapleton's Pioneer Day celebration on Wednesday.  Maybe summer can redeem itself after all.

Henry says a new word every day. I am astounded at how much he understands and annoyed at how good he is at ignoring me. He's a little brother in every sense of the word. Any tips on getting a 2-year-old to stop hitting? Every day I think he is the sweetest boy in world but then the next moment I fear I am raising a monster.
Sarah is a very patient big sister considering what she has to put up with.  She's also very helpful and will do just about anything Henry asks her to do.  She starts soccer this fall. Most of the time she's excited about it but every now and again she'll tell me she doesn't want to play after all. We'll see how she feels the first week in September.

No comments: