Friday, December 20, 2013

This is mostly Sarah stuff

Sarah had been begging to play out in the snow for days but there was no way I was going out there when it was 12 degrees. Last Saturday I guilted talked Justin into taking Sarah sledding near his parent's house just for a little while. While she waited for her dad to get ready, Sarah made some snow angels in the back yard.
This picture below is one of my favorite pictures of the whole year. This is after they got back from sledding. Sarah's at that age where it's cool to keep your snow pants on. I was putting up more lights in the living room and Sarah was supposedly looking for the hot chocolate in the cupboard. Then she calls out, "Mom, can you come help me? My finger is stuck." I wish I had a picture of her before I helped her but I'm not that mean and she wasn't that patient. The knife block and platter were laying on her and her finger was stuck between them. She wouldn't let me take a picture until I helped her get her hand unwedged. I freed her hand but wouldn't help her up until I got this picture. "Did you fall?" No. "Why were you laying on the counter?" I don't know. 

It's also the greatest mystery of my year.

Henry as Tinkerbelle. Come over at any time of any day and this ensemble or the cars pajamas below will be on him.
 Hey look! Another picture of my kids wearing pajamas. I just want to point out how similar they can look sometimes.  Makes me wonder if Baby #3 will come from the same mold.
 In addition to the 4 advent calendars in our home, Sarah has been keeping track on her own self-made calendar. She's been making calendars since October and has January's done underneath this one.
 Justin found this blank calendar when I was bossy and made him clean out stuff in the basement. Sarah was ecstatic. She copies down everything I write on my calendar.
One of the many things I love about Sarah's preschool is that they make crafts so I don't have to.  I like making stuff with my kids but more along the lines of cutting out snowflakes and color-by-numbers.
Sarah and I had a tea party at the table since that's the only place I'll let her use real water. Sarah pretended she was a preschool teacher and I was a famous photographer.  It's times like these that kind of freak me out how grown up she's getting. We can have long, complex conversations.
Sarah slipped climbing back up our yard.
 But she's okay.
And the concert last week was amazing, thanks for asking. I didn't looooove the soprano lady's opera style but she was a good performer and was still very entertaining. And we were there the same night as President Monson and President Uchtdorf. Aaand I had a nice time riding Frontrunner up with my parents. It was all our first time on the train and then I got to be tour guide on the Trax train into downtown. Aaaaaand we met Justin right away, ate good Mexican food, saw purdy lights and gave away 4 tickets to some lucky stand-by people. But it was so very, very cold.

I'm sooo looking forward to the next couple of weeks. Art show at BYU with family, dinner and lights at Riverwoods with family, seeing Sarah sing in sacrament meeting, dipping chocolates, making sugar cookies, eating delicious food and playing games, going to a movie or two, watching my kids open presents, going out to eat, my parent's farewell (not the good-bye part but the seeing family part), Justin's 30th birthday, sledding, and Justin not working. We'll probably work on the basement sometime in between all that.

No comments: