I haven't shared much about this pregnancy because by the third time around, the novelty has worn off and I've got nothing new to say about this one. I am at that point where getting up in the middle of the night multiple times to nurse sounds like better sleep than what I'm getting right now. And I hate my stairs. I have 2 flights of stairs in my house and doing 5 loads of laundry just about did me in yesterday.
No, we haven't decided on a name. No, I haven't set up her room but her diaper bag is half packed and all her clothes are freshly laundered.
I've been trying to relish in all the things I may not be able to do once the baby comes like make dinner with both hands, take long showers, wear a normal bra, leave the house more than 45 minutes at a time. Stuff like that. I have also been trying to give my kids more undivided attention. Motherhood is a balancing act, is it not?
Onto the kiddos....
Sarah starts preschool again tomorrow. She is very excited. I'm excited for her. She loves the school environment. I've started writing down simple math problems for her to solve and she's a champ. She also is getting good at spotting words she knows as we're out and about.
We got her a camera for Christmas so be excited for my next post; it will be full of her photos. Her camera also has games on it and I've gotten a glimpse of what she may be like had we a Wii or something. Let me just say it would be a scary thing and seeing her zone out has only reaffirmed my no-vidoegame-stand.
She is still the best little helper. 9 times out of 10 she happily and willingly will help me with Henry or any other household chore except for cleaning her room. For some reason, that's torture. And most of the time she's loves making up games and activities for her and Henry to do. Like this one. She made a "clean, warm playground." She's going up the ladder and Henry is sliding down the pillow slide.
She drew up clues for a treasure hunt. This was in my bathroom. Any guesses on where the next clue was? I knew right away it was the ottomon by the couch.
Henry cracks me up one minute and makes me scream with frustration the next. He loooves to change his mind about every little decision. As soon as he picks a shirt, he wants a different one and cries about it. As soon as I set his egg sandwich in front of him, he says he wanted a cheese sandwich all along. I've learned to tell him, "You chose this, you can choose that tomorrow/next time/after you've eaten this." It works for the most part but I still have to brace myself for the argument multiple times a day.
Henry is no longer afraid of the vacuum which means I now have more competition help when cleaning.
To him, everything is a car/truck/snowmobile, even his apple slices.
He likes to climb on my lap and say, "Let's talk about it" which means he wants me to ask him questions about stuff. He's quite the conversationalist. Get him talking about snowmobiles or trains and he'll go on and on (I can understand half of it). He's also into saying things like "I Sarah, you Daddy" and getting the giggles.
I am soooo scared of moving him out of his crib. Yes, he's still in a crib. He sleeps there like a champ and never tries to get out so it's worked well. He says he doesn't want a big-boy bed and that baby sister can sleep with him. I'll let you know that all goes down in couple of weeks when we make the Big Switch.
Sarah's new room is almost done. We paint this week and carpet goes in next week. Between working 60 hour weeks and working in the basement every spare moment, Justin hasn't had much a life, poor guy. There's a thin layer of dust over my entire basement that I'll be glad to vacuum up once and for all. That, and the sawdust dragged in from the garage. The victory will be short-lived as Justin undertakes the family room and bathroom next, right dear?
I don't have many pictures this month because I've been stressed/tired/distracted/sleeping/boring. But this totally freaked me out. I think I only captured half of the amount of birds flying housetop to housetop in our neighborhood. I HATE birds and this is right out of the Alfred Hitchock movie. It sounded like hail coming down on our roof.
I love to leave things on a creepy note.
2 comments:
You have such a cute little family! Congrats on the new baby girl coming soon! Glad to see you guys are doing well!
Oh my gosh Di, Isaac does the "changes his mind" thing all. the. time! Drives me CRAZY!!! I can't tell you how many times I have cooked him something he told me he wanted and then when I go to give it to him he doesn't want it anymore and wants something totally different. Patience is a virtue right? And the birds thing....do you remember going to Ang's cabin (I can't even remember when it was, probably junior high?) and we all watched that Alfred Hitchcock movie "The Birds"? Good times! Anyway, so excited for you and your little one coming soon, please text me with the details! I had fun at lunch the other day too! :)
Post a Comment