I taught Henry the best way to eat watermelon. He asks all the time for "watermelon in a big circle"
Sarah finished her first year of swimming lessons. While she wasn't the best swimmer in her group, what she lacked in skill, she made up for it in enthusiasm and fearlessness.
On her last day of class she jumped off the diving board and went down the slide. She's a little fish. She didn't get it from me.
We took the kiddos to the Bean Museum.
I'm relieved the emerald green carpet survived the renovation.
Bonus points for the addition of big African animals but I miss the 82 kinds of deer.
Justin didn't think this ever really happens in the wild. If the curators are getting creative, I'd like to see bears boxing. Or maybe badgers playing cards.
Justin saw some moose on one of his nature drives (he's going to hate that I called it that).
For a couple of days there, my kids were nonstop playing firefighters. They watched a little too much Fireman Sam.
If you ever want to play, all you need is a bucket for a respirator and an aerosol can for an extinguisher. Then when you spot a fire, yell, "Stand back!"
I got smart and bought a remote for my camera. Sarah said, "So we can take pictures of ourselves?!"
Yup.
With the help of my niece Jaana, Sarah and Henry sold cookies at their own cookie stand. Our neighborhood was uncharacteristically quiet that Saturday morning and I was getting nervous they wouldn't sell a single one. I sent Sarah to go knock on some doors to drum up business. Luckily several friends came by and they sold a dozen cookies.
I just love the piggy bank right on the table.
Want to know what else I love? Sleeping babies.
And just-awake babies.
Saturday was our neighborhood block party. Justin was put in charge of it this year and I'd say it was a success. More than double came this year than last. All you really need is a slip n slide for a successful party.
This picture captures Henry's actual speed. He started halfway down every time then army-crawled.
I finally got around to feeding Erica some solid food. I was sooo not in a hurry with this baby. Solid food is overrated although I do like the option of leaving her for more than 3 hours (my babies don't do bottles). Most of it ended up on her face and bib, up her nose, or on me but overall it was a good experience.
It actually just made her more curious of what I'm eating and she'll reach for my fork and expect me to share. So it begins.
On Sunday my parents came to church with us then stayed for dinner. I made my Mom make some tapioca pudding because it will be a year until I have another opportunity. (I should have put her to work on a German chocolate cake and some crepes while I had a chance. Dang.) And it gave my kids an all-important cooking lesson with my mom. She is waaaay more patient with them than I. She also got Henry to finish his dinner, explained the American Revolution to Sarah and shared childhood farm stories. I love my Mom.
And here's a picture of rodeo night. Henry said this is his cowboy shirt.
Who's excited for Pioneer Day? It's my third favorite holiday.
1 comment:
Oh gosh, I bet our moms make the same tapioca pudding and German chocolate cake... Two of my favorite things! Now I want some of both!
Your children are super adorable. :)
Post a Comment