I finally guilted talked Justin into going to the zoo. Since I hate crowds we went the week before fall break and took Sarah out of school. The weather was perfect and it wasn't busy at all.
Since my trip to the zoo is going to look just like your trip to the zoo, I'll try to think of interesting things to say other than, "here's Erica with the giraffes."
Here's Henry with a t-rex. (See how more interesting that is?) Sometimes these robot dinosaurs were more interesting than the real animals. They moved and made noises unlike some of the real animals (lion, bears, etc)
Erica called the giraffes puppies and said "roar" a lot. Turns out that's what she thinks all animals are called and that's the sound they make.
There's a picture of me doing this exact same thing 25 years ago. I think if the zoo ever remodeled themselves out of the lion drinking fountains, there'd be a revolt.
Henry's being a big pill today so I needed to see this picture.
It was only 10 am and we had only been at the zoo for 30 minutes but they are already rummaging for snacks.
Elephant bum.
I really want to pet a rhino.
Erica thought the completely horizontal fake log was a slide.
The river otters weren't there again. For being my favorite they sure are letting me down. I have a few videos of the always entertaining sea lions but videos take time and I'm lazy.
Erica liked to shush the other kids because the bears were sleeping.
More fake dinosaurs.
Guess where we are? Yup, the reptile house aka stinky house.
This cat was sleeping too.
Go turtles go!
And the train to end our visit.
The kids downed a whole package of Mambas in minutes. I wasn't mad. I understand.
1 comment:
USU bag! Yay! Suck it BYU. ;)
Post a Comment