Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Poor Henry

Sarah decided that she wanted her hair cut short for the summer.

Here's the before shot. It doesn't always look this crazy. We went to the splash pad that morning so it hadn't been done or anything. But it is pretty typical of how it looks during the summer. 
 And after. Any one with professional training would have died watching me cut it but I think it turned out cute. (I'm still finding hairs I missed.) She loves it and has been declaring she's going to keep it this short from now on.
Since raspberries were a killer deal last week, Justin's pie of the month was a raspberry chiffon pie. I knew it was a doozy of a recipe since it's from our America's Test Kitchen cookbook and they make everything complicated. There's a pound of raspberries in there, some cooked into a jam, some put through a sieve, some whipped into a chiffon.
 Yes, it was delicious.
Sarah and Henry started a tennis class through the city this week. It's just two weeks which is all of a commitment a 7 and 5-year-old can handle at a sport they've never played. And they have it at the exact same time each day which I like. These are pictures from their first day.

Plus Erica gets to spend the hour doing stuff like this.
They've mostly been doing hand-eye coordination games but today Sarah's class got to lob the ball over the net. Henry was jealous.
They're spending lots of time on proper stance and racket holding technique. It's cute to watch them concentrate.
 But poor Henry is having a hard time with allergies and his eyes.
 During the day he handles it pretty well.
But by dinnertime, he looks like this and is begging for more allergy medicine.  I try to tell him to stay inside tomorrow and he says he will but then the next day, I can't convince him to and the cycle repeats.
It was bad last year at this time so out of curiosity I googled the pollen count to see what was high and discovered this map that illustrates where the pollen count is the highest.
Yup, no wonder he's miserable. Poor guy.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Oh my goodness-that looks awful! Poor Henry, indeed! Also, Sarah's hair is adorable. Good job, I always take my girls in because the few times I've cut it, it has been horrible. I'm amazed by your pie-making abilities. And the tennis looks fun-Molly did that a couple of summers ago and she still wears the T-shirt she got.