Saturday, November 12, 2016

I'd Like to Introduce.....

James McKay Dye


Wednesday evening I'd been having contractions consistently but they weren't strong or painful. Here's my post it where I wrote times down while getting dinner ready.
They felt more like Braxton Hicks but nothing I did could get them to go away. At about 8 pm they were getting stronger so we decided to head to the hospital to have me checked. Luckily Nadine was here for dinner so she stayed while we headed over. I was super paranoid of delivering as fast as I did with Erica and not making it to the hospital in time. When I got there, I wasn't much more progressed than I was at my doctor's appointment the previous day. But after an hour, the contractions got more real, I did progress and got to stay. At 11 pm my doctor broke my water, at midnight I was DYING from the contractions and told the nurse if I'm not at a 10, I want an epidural. I was at a 7 so they called him in. I HATE epidurals and thought if he came in 2 1/2 hours like Erica, I could handle it. But he wasn't coming quickly so I called it. About a half hour after the epidural, I was at a 10 and he was ready. Three pushes and he was here at 12:52 am November 10.  I was surprised by the amount of hair and how dark it was.

When my doctor got there, I asked him if delivering babies is still amazing to him after all these years and hundreds of babies. He said yes. Later as he and the nurses were preparing for delivery, he explained further, "I have two jobs. I do this and on Friday mornings I work at the temple as a veil worker and these two jobs are the same."
He left one family to join another.


All my babies have this ball chin.


Justin brought the kids over after school Thursday. Which was still his birthday. Weird. Here are all the Dye kids together for the first time.



He weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz which makes him my heaviest baby by 9 oz and he's more than a pound heavier than Sarah and Henry were.

I'm smiling because I'm done! That was a long 9 months.

All dressed up and ready to go home.
He did not like being buckled but he didn't mind the car ride.
The big kids were still at school when we got home so Erica got a few moments with him on her own.
Here's an almost identical picture of Sarah and Henry 5 1/2 years ago.



And Sarah and Henry. Here we go again!

We like him.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Oh I was hoping this would come soon! I knew you were super close. He is perfect and he looks like a Dye! Love his name and you look amazing too. Good luck and enjoy that little guy!!