Saturday was Justin's birthday. We celebrated by smoking a brisket and playing games with his family.
James met his Papa Corey for the first time.
And got reacquianted with Nana Nadine.
Justin got a speaker from his parents and Ticket to Ride from his brothers. He also got some pants that he ordered, some socks that he ordered and some treats from Costco that he picked out.
Corey and Nadine also gave us a comforter, pillows and a water jug. It was the year of cylinder presents.
Sunday, New Years Day, was James's blessing.
This is our first picture of all 6 of us. Check out Erica.
And this is her face after I bribed her with candy. She'll do anything for a chocolate covered almond.
We did his blessing at home with parents, aunts and uncles, and grandparents.
Here's James's 4-generation picture on Justin's mom's side.
And 4-generations on his dad's.
And my kids wrestling with Nate.
This is Sarah and Grandma Henny.
And the Dye clan.
I've talked some of my siblings and Justin into a 2017 health challenge. From New Year's to Easter we are going no treats. No cookies, no cake, no candy, no sugary drinks, no doughnuts, no pie, nothing sugary for 112 days. I'm on day 3 and so far, so good. I haven't had strong cravings yet, just mostly reaching for stuff out of habit before I remember. We've still got some residual Christmas treats around the house (I put my homemade caramel in the freezer) but once my kids finish that off, that should decrease the temptations around here. I'm exercising 5 days a week for 30 min each day and added a goal of tripling my current water intake. I may periodically post about how I'm doing and the results I'm seeing. Blogging about it will help keep me motivated.
1 comment:
Wow! That's ambitious! Good luck. I love your family picture. And also love when my Justin buys himself Christmas presents. Then I know he gets what he wants. ;)
Post a Comment