Monday, March 13, 2017

James at 4 Months

Baby James is 4 months! I really thought by now I'd have him figured out but in some ways he's getting harder. Or maybe I just thought I'd be sleeping a lot more by now.  I forget that by this age babies sleep much less than they did the first couple of months and there isn't much of a pattern or predictability to his naps. Plus it still takes a couple of hours of nursing/rocking/walking each night to get him to go to sleep. I forgot how challenging these "middle months" are in their own way.

Good thing he's cute.

What is it about baby boys that just melt my heart?
At his 4 month check he was 13 pounds and 24 inches.

He hates being on his stomach so I only do tummy time when I want him to be ornery which is never. Just kidding. We're up to like four minutes before he fusses and I roll him over.  He is so slobbery! He sucks on his hands all the time which creates a stream of drool but sometimes I see him just push spit bubbles out of his mouth with his tongue. He wears a bib most waking hours.
He likes to suck on his hands or any fabric like his bib or blanket. He has just starting to pull toys into his mouth and suck on them but we have to put them into his hands; he doesn't grab for them yet.
Because he's starting to become more aware of those around him, I see him get a little nervous when unfamiliar people hold him. He's doing the best out of all my babies when it comes to other people though. He's still pretty chill about sitting in his chair while the chaos of our house surrounds us. Plus he's got his siblings' faces in his face most of the time. He never lacks for attention. He is very happy and it's so easy to get him to smile and laugh.

We pulled out the puppy gym that sings songs and dangles toys for him to grab. He likes it for a few minutes then he wants to be held and carried around while I do stuff. 

He's just so cute and little and sweet and loves his mama.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

He is very cute and looks like all your other kids!