Monday, April 10, 2017

James at 5 Months

Wowsers that last month went by really fast. Time flies when you have this cute face to look at all day long.
It takes a lot of work to keep this baby happy. As long as he's fed and had a good nap and is carried around on my hip, he's good. Sit down or stay in one spot too long and he'll let you know.

He's getting really good at grasping things if I put them really close to his hands. He instantly pulls them into his mouth of course. He's starting to arch his back to roll onto his side but doesn't try to roll off his stomach yet.

Justin has fed him baby oatmeal cereal when I've been gone and I hear it went well. He is really interested in what I'm eating when he's sitting on my lap. I let him suck on a dried mango and he held my hand to his mouth so tight.

He still does great with people he doesn't know well which is a new experience for me. I've always wanted a big chubby lazy easy-going baby but I keep getting these petite babies with nervous dispositions. James isn't easy-going but he may just be more used to chaos and people coming and going from our house.

Sometimes (usually during the middle of the night feedings) I look forward for him to be one and be a better sleeper and eat people food. And then the next day I get all sorts of emotional because he'll never be this age again.
Because man, that's a cute baby.

No comments: