Tuesday, May 8, 2018

May Days

I had a good laugh at Henry's expense. He put on his church shirt inside out and didn't notice. "Didn't you think buttoning it up felt different?" Maybe it was easier. This is him undoing it after I so kindly brought it to his attention.
After church Henry and Erica built this ramp thing. There was a very long and detailed explanation but now I don't remember what they said.
I finally finished a project! Sarah's bathroom is pretty bare but now it's a little less bare!
It's purely decorative so I told her she can only store stuff as light as toilet paper which is exactly what she does.
Our neighbors are moving sometime this month so I got some pictures of them with my kids. Dexter was Henry's very first friend. They've been buds since they were both in diapers.
 They fight over Pokemon and argue over Beyblades but when they get along, they are so funny together.
 This will be Henry's first friend good-bye. It hasn't quite sunk in yet.
Sarah, on the other hand, has been saying farewell to friends for years and I am bracing myself for the tears.
These two have grown apart this past school year but they still giggle and have a good time. The hope is that they will still live in the school boundaries so hopefully they'll still see each other at school in the fall or perhaps be in biking distance.
 Justin built me this window box and I finally got flowers planted in it. I love it so much! I can see the flowers from the inside of my house
Let's just hope they don't wilt and die in the afternoon sun this summer. This may be the best the flowers ever look. If they die I'll replace them with fake ones.
Meanwhile in the backyard, the girls were planting more flowers and Justin and Henry were planting the garden. The girls wanted their own pot of flowers to take care of. I hope they have better luck than I ever do.
 I didn't feel like planting a garden this year but we didn't have a garden last year so I guess it was time. Farmer Henry is all about it.

 Erica is pretty excited too. It's all exciting until the weeding needs to be done and bugs take over. But they are bigger this year so I'll make them help more.
 We planted tomatoes and peppers for salsa.
 This was James during the planting. He eats dirt so we didn't let him help.
I love these two together. Erica is the best sister. James has no idea how lucky he is. "James, come play with me in your room. Do you want your milk? Here's your blanket. It's your turn, James"
Henry: I was hopping to my desk and every time I hopped, I tooted. Like this.
Me (wondering if he was embarrassed or hoping he was embarrassed): Did you like it?
Henry: Yes.

Justin got put in charge of the Mothers Day treat for our ward which means I get to choose what all the ladies get. After an extensive taste test of 8 varieties of Sodalicious and Sip'n cookies, we decided on just the regular frosted pink sugar cookie. In case you were wondering, they both weigh 4.1 ounces. Sip'n cookies are thicker and the frosting is thicker but crumbled weirdly in my mouth. I found Sodalicious to have a more homemade, buttery taste. They are also flatter with thinner frosting. I liked them slightly better while Justin preferred the thicker Sip'n cookie. We went with Sodalicious because they gave us a better deal.
There are no calories if you're taste-testing.
 And I found this sweet quote that could not possibly invoke any feelings of guilt or inadequacy among the sisters (very, very important for Mother's Day) and stole a flower wreath from google and put it all together to be tied to the cookie bag. Feel free to steal it.
This little lady was my shopping partner on Saturday for Henry's birthday presents. We went to BYU to get him a shirt. She thought the Wilk was the coolest place ever and that was before I showed her the bowling alley. She wanted her picture taken here.
 And here.
 And even here.
If she thought my tour of BYU was compelling, wait until she sees my enthusiasm for USU.

No comments: