Sunday, October 21, 2018

Get some leaves!

First off, here's Mr. Blue Eyes. With a mouth full of grapes.

He's getting to that super cute age where he's all obsessed with a toy for a day or two. This day it was Sarah's Baby Cupcake.

He's feeding her/shoving pretend food on her face.
The kids' school had Red and Green ribbon week (which no longer includes a ribbon and straight pin, I might add) This day was dress like a cowboy day. Sarah was all about it, as you can see. Henry participated to the extent of wearing a flannel shirt.
And this was 80s day. How weird to say "this is how we wore our hair." Is it funny that we have scrunchies on hand around here?
This is Henry's list of monster ideas that he made at a friend's house. When you put two 7-year-old male minds together, it's all class and sophistication. 
He's not allowed to say butt so I guess he gets it all out of his system in writing. My favorites are Wiggle Bodom (Bottom) and Hot Butt. I am hoping for an illustrated version soon.

I am so grateful for this kind officer who made many a preschoolers' day. And was a good sport for this photo. Erica is in the striped jacket with the ears. Her friend Mary is next to her in purple.

Erica made a nest with her blankets and pillows on her bed. If only she liked to stay in her bed at bedtime.
Last Friday and Saturday I went with the young women in our ward on a temple trip. We visited all 12 temples in northern Utah in 24 hours. It was a whirlwind trip but so fun to be with these girls. I had never been to the temples in Brigham City, Ogden, or Jordan River so it was good for me too.
Brigham City Temple


We took group pictures of all the young women at every temple and they made us leaders take a turn in SLC. I'm pretty sure we leaders have more fun together than the girls do (this is only half of the leaders).
Kim Jones, Tara Stephenson, Thresa Nelson, AmyJo Jones
We stayed overnight in SLC in a great big condo but we arrived there late after doing baptisms in Draper that evening and were out of there by 7 am so I didn't get to enjoy our surroundings as much as I would have liked.  
 We leaders took the master bedroom, of course.
 I love this cow.
 I was so tired after that trip! We got home 4:30 on Saturday afternoon and I think I dozed off twice that evening before going to bed at 9pm.

A few things I learned from our trip:
1. Every temple parking lot was packed. Kind of annoying but a really awesome sign.
2. Every temple is so different on the outside but so beautiful. There are many ways to be beautiful.
3. There's no feeling like walking into the temple and seeing someone you know. I think that's what heaven will feel like.
4. In a group photo of 11 girls, someone is always blinking. Take a lot of shots.


Sunday afternoon we drove up Hobble Creek to see the fall colors (for me) look for deer (for Justin) and play in leaves and eat snow (for the kids).




Justin in his natural habitat.
This is what I've wanted to do all summer.

Sarah checking if she could see her breath. She could.
I don't think James remembered snow.
They liked it for a second then they got cold.


This past week was fall break and Justin was leaving for hunting so I dragged him along to the local pumpkin patch.
 He sat James down right here in the corn and that's where he stayed.

 He neither loved it nor hated it but stayed very quiet and piled corn onto his legs.
 These slides are funny because you can hear the kids go "yuh-yuh-yuh-yuh-yuh" down the bumpy slide.



 My heart beats faster just looking at this picture. I don't my kids on heights.
Thursday Justin went hunting so yay for not making real dinner for a week! First night we had waffles. When the iron was heated I opened it up to pour in the batter and surprise! old waffles from last time. They were hard and piping hot but not moldy.

 Here's some fine art we found when cleaning the kids' room.

"This was a dog but then I messed up so I made it a llama."
 
Erica says, "This is Dad and me as a baby."
"This is just a piece of paper with some writing on it" but it was important enough she needed a picture taken of it.
After an hour long unsuccessful attempt at getting concert tickets to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert, (WHERE WAS THE LINK TO THE TICKETS??!) I took the kids to the DI to spend their family store money. I got some plastic paper trays for my desk for 50 cents , Sarah got a new skirt, but the real winner was Erica.

Teddy's Twin. Teddy 2.0. Back-up Teddy.
This bear is slightly bigger but the same brand. 
Bear on the left after 4 1/2 years of love and washings. The only thing that would make finding this bear even better is if Erica had lost Teddy a week before. She says the new bear is Teddy's sister Sally but I think I'll call it Teddy Fresh.
That afternoon I finished sewing Sarah's Halloween costume! (pictures to come).
After another non-dinner of frozen pizza, we got frosties and ate them at the park.

Henry found some $3 football pads at DI and aside from sleeping and church, has worn them every waking moment since.



As much as I can solo-parent like a boss (or I guess like a mom) Justin got his deer so he should be home sooner than later! Wahoo!

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

So much to laugh about in this post...James's headband, Henry's shoulder pads, monster lists...kids are the best! And the YW's activity sounds amazing. Molly's goal is to get to all the temples for baptisms in Utah by the time she is 18 and that would have made a nice dent in her list!