While we've managed to stave off any dire sicknesses around here, it seems we are on the booger cycle, nonetheless. One child gets it, passes it around and once it seems to run it's course, another strain is picked up and around we go again. Erica had it pretty bad last week, running a fever for a couple of days. She's a good little patient since it means setting up her bed on the couch and watching dvds on the laptop.
This, my dear readers (hi Mom!) is a favorite place of mine. It's a bed and breakfast in Salt Lake City. Justin and I went a couple of years ago for our anniversary and then went again last week because of a discount and I'm always looking for an excuse to go.It was formerly an 11,000 square foot residence built in 1906 by some rich doctor or something. Now it's a 12-room B&B.
I took all these pictures because I basically want to build a 3,500 square foot version with brighter lightbulbs (a lot of the rooms were dimly lit for coziness I guess) and a garage.
Wood wainscoting in the dining room? Yes please.
But maybe not red carpet.
But definitely lion corbels.
Fruit and muffins for the taking.This is the view from our window.
I like sconces. And the word sconce.
Hey look another fireplace.
Seriously how much do you think it would cost to trim out everything in gorgeous wood?In the billiard room with a lead pipe and Mr. Dye did it! There is also a library, drawing room, dining room, kitchen, carriage house and hall so if anyone wants to play a real live game of Clue....
We totally fit in, right?

If nothing else, I'm going to build this window seat alcove in my next house and that's where you'll find me reading or binding a quilt.

We ate at the Copper Onion which was delicious!!! We opted to sit at the chef's bar which means we got dinner and a show.
These guys were fast, precise and full of cool cooking techniques that fascinated us.
I got the whey braised pork shoulder.
Justin got the lamb shank.
The fog obscured our view a little but it still looked so pretty at night.
And of course, since this is a bed and breakfast, here's our breakfasts. Justin got the omelet and I got the waffles.

We didn't want to leave. We'll go back soon.
I haven't watched the show or read Marie Kondo's book but I've heard I should be throwing things out that don't bring me joy.
![]() |
| This stuff doesn't bring me joy. |
But what if I need it but hate it?
![]() |
| These also don't bring me joy but I must hold onto them until I buy replacements. Is that how it works? |
























2 comments:
Ha! I just barely heard about this Marie Kondo lady and now I hear about her everywhere! Your getaway looks like the perfect January activity. Hope everyone gets over their booger problems soon.
That's the problem: sometimes "sparking joy" is not compatible with my usual philosophy of "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without." The latter is probably more cost-effective.
Post a Comment