Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day


I felt like a really great mom filing into the chapel with 3 sunburned kids in tow. And sending Erica out during the first talk with a huge booger on her finger pretty much sealed the deal that I am totally rocking this mom thing.
 And my boys were such pills that I had to move Henry 4 times and Justin finally took James out.
 So you better believe I deserved a brownie and a cheesecake bar in Relief Society.

Here are some of the homemade cards which are always my favorite.


"My mom's super name is super Diana. My super mom is as strong as Hulk. My supermom is as smart as a fox. My supermom is as brave as a sky diver. My mom has the power to be nice. My mom's only weakness is being mean to each other."
Also from Henry

He got this mostly right except for the monopoly thing. I hate monopoly and he's never seen me play it.

These are from Erica. 




Here are my top five about motherhood.

5 Favorite Things about Being a Mom
1. My kids make me laugh every day.
2. They have really cute faces and fun ideas.
3. I always have people willing to go on a picnic or a walk with and a reason to bake cookies.
4. There's no shortage of hugs and snuggles and cute notes.
5. They teach me what's really important.

5 Least Favorite Things about Being a Mom
1. Stuff. I love you but I don't love your stuff on the stairs, under the table, on the couch.
2. Having to explain to the littles that I'm going to the bathroom and I'll be right back and you don't need to follow me upstairs. And they follow me.
3. Carrying James horizontally on my hip out of the library so he can't kick me. I'm not taking him back to the library until he's 3. I mean it.
4. Seeing wasted food.
5. When my kids are unkind to each other.

No comments: