Sunday, May 5, 2019

Small Things and Big Things

I'm going to miss the days of coming down for breakfast and seeing Big Bunny and Teddy Fresh sitting at my table.
Check out this car full 'o trash in the hospital parking lot. On my way there I was listening to a speech on minimalism so I about hurled when I saw fast food wrappers and paper plates fill every crevice besides the drivers seat. Instead of puking, I took this picture and when my doc asked how my leg vein was feeling, I said, "It's fine. Let me tell you about this car in the parking lot."
 Justin took the kids for a ride in his dad's new Rzr in the empty lot by his house.
 The kids loved it, mostly Sarah. You can't see him but I heard James saying "cheese" when I said smile.
I can't believe how much James loves nursery. I like to watch him without him knowing.
 Henry went to his very first pack night and he was super grumpy that I wouldn't let him run around the gym but then loved it once he made a boat and ate pizza and wants to go every day.
 I found this at the library and I laughed and sent it to my niece in Logan. Poor freshman.
 Erica is all about being super prepared to go out and play. Like Where's Waldo prepared. Fun fact: This leather fringy purse was mine when I was little.
 Friday night Sarah and I went to Logan with my sister for Jaana's graduation. After eating at Old Grist Mill (yummiest brownies) we went rollerskating of course!

It's been a while since I skated at a rink. My right side got so tired of going counter-clockwise so Jaana and I started going the other direction and we got everyone else to change too! Bwahahaha. Okay, so there were only like 10 other people there but I was drunken with power.
 This was Sarah's first time at a rink. I'm a bad mom.
 The next morning we went to the graduation in the Spectrum. Sarah and Lisa are looking for her name.
She double majored in political science and English. CHaSS was my college too.
 Her parents when they called her name.
 College is hard. Jaana is smart. I am very proud of her.

 Sarah had never been on campus so we trekked all the way to the quad so campus could charm her and convince her this is where she wants to go. We'll be recreating this photo in 12 years.
 Afterwards we ate lunch at a reception hosted by her college. I told her I was going to eat her tuition money's worth. These are 3 of the 5 scoops of ice cream I ate.
L-R vanilla, chocolate, Aggie Bull Tracks. Not pictured, cookies and cream and lemon.
That afternoon Kyra took her to the Aloha Snow shack to check on things and when we arrived, Sarah was ready to take our orders. We'll recreate this photo in 8 years if Matt and Lisa still own the shacks.
 Mango with sweetened condensed milk.
Then we ate dinner at Maddox in Brigham City which I had never been to and everyone was so surprised. I don't know if I had even heard of it. It was delicious. Then we drove home.

I brought home prizes for my other kids but no one was a winner like Erica who scored some stuffed animals no one wanted.

No comments: