Erica had the honor of being the first of my kids to get a cavity filled. I knew she would be nervous and Henry was so kind to remind her about her appointment the day before so she could hardly sleep that night. Our dentist is super nice and told her everything that she was doing as she was doing it (Erica mostly ignored her and watched TV) but I think it calmed her down. On the ride home she was happy that she didn't even have to get a shot! She didn't believe me that she did get a shot, Dr. Shaw was just very sneaky! So I guess she didn't tell Erica everything that she was doing!
James is really smart. Sometimes I don't realize how much he knows until I sit him down and see for myself. I have a set up alphabet flashcards and tested him one morning. Here are the letters he knew, one check of lowercase, one for uppercase.
He's 3 years and 2 months old. I'm pretty sure this is where Erica was at when she was at when she was 4 1/2 and I thought she was smart.
For the new child development program, Henry chose to make Brady Bars which is what he calls chocolate chip cookie bars. He did most of the work himself and they turned out so good. It took a long time to find a goal he actually wanted to do and food did the trick. I am speaking in church this Sunday about how it's going so far with our family. He's taught me a lot!
After many failed attempts, I finally nailed angel food cake. Every time I make flan for Justin, I'm left nearly enough egg whites to try angel food cake so it's a good system. I think the key this time was using real cake flour (no cornstarch substitutions) and using a thermometer to make sure it's baked all the way (206 degrees). It was so good. Better than a box or a bakery.
Have you ever played Probe? Growing up, we had this game and it was so old or rare that none of my friends had ever played it anywhere else. It's a word guessing game like Wheel of Fortune. We played it all the time with family and friends. Good times. Fast forward to when Justin and I were dating and he had this game at his family's cabin and loved it too. That's when I knew we were meant to be.
Anyway, Justin's dad found it at DI so bought it so they'd have a copy at their house. Inside was a usedscore sheet! Our game was so old all the score sheets were long gone by the time I came around. I had never seen this before.
![]() |
| Who names their kid Staryl? Sterile? |
Erica took this picture of Henry with her stuffed sloths.
![]() |
| I call them Sloth and Slothful |
Lest I forget how much this kid loves Legos. He takes them everywhere we go.
He's also super entertained watching the numbers change on his digital clock in his room. He loves to see the numbers progress from 12:45 to 12:46 and knows what will come next and how to read it. He's weirdly smart.
This is the book I'm reading. I don't read a lot of nonfiction but I would if it were as entertaining as this.
This passage convinced me I don't want anyone to touch my body after I die. Just roll me into the casket and bury me down, about 6 feet deep. You can have a funeral without the casket right there.
It's time to replace my beloved dish brush. I have strong feelings toward this dish brush. It's just perfect and now impossible to find. I bought my first one from Walmart many many years ago but then Vileda got bought out by O'Cedar in the US so Vileda is only sold in Canada and the UK (I researched all this. I told you I love this brush). Luckily I found it on Amazon and ordered one all the way from England but that was 3 years ago. But now I can't even do that anymore. Why didn't I stock up???
Three years is a long life for a dish brush. It's such a good brush but it's pretty mashed on the backside. Still usable but not as great as it once was.
Here are my boring old replacements. I have very low expectations and am a little bitter about it all. The Vileda is under the sink because I think it can still outperform these new ones.For Honor Roll, Sarah made dinner Saturday night. She made creamy Italian chicken (she's blending the sauce below), cooked rice, chopped toppings and made a fluffy fruit salad. She did great and now I know she can make dinner! This is life changing.
Yesterday I took the kids to Brick Oven to use their free meals from school. They behaved pretty well. We went right as it opened and had an entire room to ourselves so that was nice.










No comments:
Post a Comment