Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The photos that got left behind

Sometimes there are photos that get passed over in my blogging. Ones that don't fit in the theme or event that I'm posting about. But they really shouldn't be forgotten. So lest I forget, here they are.

March 31. There were a few days there during quarantine that we survived on Cadbury Mini Eggs, coronavirus memes and pipe cleaner creations.

April 15 this lightbulb burned out. But this isn't any lightbulb. This is the last of the lightbulbs that was installed when we bought the house. It is original to the house--2006. This is a 14 year old bulb that got used every day for  those14 years. It is not LED but incandescent. Slow clap for the bulb that defied science.
Sad part is that it is lableless so I have no idea what brand it is.

April 17. Wait---add BB gun to the list of things that helped us survived being home all day, everyday.

 We don't drink much soda so we had to make a special run to the store for a case of Sprite and for more bbs.
We lost our dear sweet Grandma Henny in April. She is Justin's step-grandma and I kind of adopted her as my own since all mine have been gone for 18 years. She's from Denmark like most of my ancestors so it just seemed natural. She married Justin's grandpa the same summer Justin and I got married so we were "new" to the family together. She always patiently answered all my questions about Denmark culture.  I'll miss her accent and her love of frosting.
I dropped my most favorite thing in my kitchen, my beautiful Dutch oven. On our anniversary no less. I was crying and sweeping up the enamel when Justin came home from work. He hugged me and told me it was okay and bought me a new one when we went to Park City later that week.
The style of this house speaks to my heart. I sure hope this catches on.

We bought this bed for Henry but won't be setting it up any time soon. I took a screenshot of the listing to maybe help us set it up when the time comes.
I once made bread wrong. I don't know how as I have made this recipe on multiple occasions.
June 14. I didn't plant flowers in my window box this year. I thought I could dress it up with some flags on flag day but by the end of the day I got tired of them blowing out so I took them back in. It looked pretty for a minute.
I think I posted this before but I just like it so much. Not because I think I'm cute but it just captures my early childhood just like I remember it. Messy hair, outside, tricycle, hand-me-down clothes.

No comments: