Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Octoberness

This may go down as the nicest fall we've ever had (weather-wise, not virus-wise or politically). Sure I'm getting concerned about the lack of water but it's hard not to feel refreshed and relaxed when there's a chill at the beginning and end of the day with beautiful blue skies and warm temperatures in between. I surely hope it means we'll have a nice Halloween and not freeze like last year.

Speaking of Halloween, I'm having a dickens of a time helping Henry come up with a costume idea. He does not like to go outside his comfort zone and his ideas are expensive (specific NFL player which requires actual jersey or a blow-up dino costume). I liked last year when he was Calvin and all I had to do was paint black lines on a red shirt. Maybe I can talk him into reusing it for a Linus costume....

Check out these Halloween doughnuts from Daylight Doughnuts.  Aren't they awesome? I couldn't bring myself to eat anything covered in bright frosting so the old fashioned ones are mine but I sure appreciate the ridiculousness and we'll probably go back before Halloween is over.

We took the kids to Gordo's Fun Farm west of Spanish Fork. Or maybe we were still in Spanish Fork. I can never tell out there. I was getting tired of Jakers and wanted to go somewhere else. I chose Gordo's because the kids got BOGO coupons at school and Henry and Erica know a couple of the Gordon grandkids so we thought we'd give it a whirl. 

All-in-all, I really liked it. It was definitely cuter, quieter, smaller-scale than Jakers. Plus you're at their actual working farm, not in a converted empty lot on a super busy street. I love farms.
















I made my kids make fall tree art using broccoli as a stamp. I love how they turned out. They like to paint so it wasn't hard to get their participation but more than once I heard someone say as they dipped their broccoli floret into paint, "This is the weirdest thing I've done all day."


We've got a busy and fun couple of weeks coming up. Sarah has her friend birthday party on Friday, her 12th birthday on Tuesday, plus trunk-or-treat, SEPs, carving pumpkins, and maybe a couple more Halloween fun ideas up my sleeve and I'm really craving Halloween sugar cookies. I'm so glad summer is over; this is way better.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Can't wait to see what Henry ends up choosing. Stockton ended up getting a Thing 1 T-shirt. Not exciting but easy. My sister swears by a Chinese website that has crazy deals on jerseys. It has worked every time for her and is not a hoax...you just have to wait 2 months to get your jersey. We found a jersey for Molly on Poshmark, which is a buy and sell used clothes website, but more higher end clothing. I might have to steal your broccoli stamping idea! They turned out cute!