Saturday, February 27, 2021

Random Story Saturday: Movie Stubs

 I don't collect a lot of things mostly because I don't like stuff. But I do have a collection of movie stubs from my teen years. You know, back in that golden time of your life when you see all the movies. 

My older sister worked at our local movie theater so I actually saw way more movies than are represented here. She took me along with her to see just about everything and we didn't get a printed ticket for those showtimes; we just walked right in.

Some notable stubs:

Spiderman with Toby Maguire. Yes, I saw it twice but don't roll your eyes, I only had to pay for it once.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban which is my favorite film and book of the series.
On some rare occasions I also wrote who I went with and my critique of the movie. Catch Me If You Can
This was on my birthday. I often went to the movies on my birthday. I also saw Twister and A Little Princess on my birthdays as a kid.
And there were a lot of teen movies like She's All That. Freddy Prinze Jr at the top of his game.
As well as Julia Stiles at the top of hers.
Here's a side story. I didn't actually see The Haunting twice. On the night of August 13, my friends and I wanted to see Sixth Sense but it was sold out. So we bought tickets to the Haunting and snuck into the Sixth Sense. The ushers had to bring in benches and folding chairs because they ran out of real seats but we weren't the unlucky ones that had to sit on them. I feel bad about that now.
This is the stub from when I saw my favorite movie ever.
I remember a big group of us seeing Legend of Bagger Vance together and the boys that came along made fun of it the whole time. It was kind of dumb but at the time I liked it.
Justin will be most pleased to see this ticket. This is one of his favorite movies ever and I tease him about that. I didn't like it then and don't like it now.
And in case you were wondering what movies were playing nearly 21 years ago, I saved this from the paper. Remember looking in the paper for showtimes? Or calling the theater and listening to the recording?
The movie theaters I went to the most are torn down now. That makes me feel old.

Now I'm lucky if I see two movies a year in a theater.

No comments: