Sunday, April 11, 2021

April Fools and Easter Kids

I pranked the kids good this year. They are such good sports. I didn't remember to do any pranks last year because lockdown felt like a big prank and I just wasn't in the mood. This year though.....


After they went to bed Justin and I made this box.
And I dipped Cheerios in pink frosting. They look like Barbie doughnuts. 

The kids thought they tasted good and actually ate them all up!

For Easter my family got together at my parent's house just like we're supposed to. I was so excited for this day. I saw my brother and his family for the first time since July, my parents since Christmas and my sister since November, I think. The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious and the kids were so dang cute with their Easter baskets. 
The "seeker" group is getting smaller each year and the "hider" group is getting bigger.



We may have had enough eggs for 20 kids. I am not without blame as I filled 183 eggs. Erica adapted quickly and filled her pockets.
This tree was made for hiding eggs.
I had to pass out grocery sacks to the kids when their baskets  and pockets got full.
And then the dumping and sorting and trading begins.

Hey everyone, look at the sunset! Gotcha!
(We also snuck in a second showing for a house in Mapleton we saw the day before. That evening we put in an offer so I was all distracted and anxiety filled this day too.)

Sunday we watched conference and made it a restful day since Saturday was pretty hectic. After conference we went to Justin's parents house for a ham dinner and an egg hunt in their yard. I was also still so distracted wondering if we got the house or not. Kind of made it a weird day. 

Justin's parents are good hiders! The kids had to try really hard to find them all.

It took a game of warm and cold for them to find this blue egg on the boat trailer.
We ended up with so much candy but you just have to because Easter candy is the best. There's something about chocolate in egg form that just tastes better.

And a week later the kids got to wear their new Easter church clothes.






On Tuesday we found out our offer was accepted! No bidding war, no competing offers. There was some back and forth about the AC and furnace to work out but it is a done deal. We've done the inspection and don't need an appraisal.

We close with our buyer on the 19th but stay here until June 18
We close on our "new old house" on April 30.
We'll have 6 weeks to make it awesome. May is going to be crazy.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Yay for Easter! And such exciting news, even though you're not moving to Heber. Can't wait to see the new house!