Friday, July 23, 2021

Kid Summer Stuff

This has been such a weird summer. Different house, different friends (or no friends), busy with house repairs, so hot outside. Plus we've had workers here nearly every day for weeks so that just throws everything off. 

We created a toy space in the unfinished part of the basement. We put up some sheets and laid down some carpet pieces are rugs to make it a little less scary and moved the toy kitchen and some other toys over there.


They mostly use the table for Legos and right now there's a big fort set up. It's nice that it can stay up and I don't to take it down to use the room for anything else.
One morning they were all sitting at the counter eating breakfast and they looked so cute. 
Spanish Fork has a firework show to kick off Fiesta Days. We've never been before but my sisters were going again this year and we joined them. The more firework shows in the summer, the better.

Sarah made her return to the temple! We went with my parents and my sister and two of her kids. Sarah was so happy to be back!
I'm kind of obsessed with this shrub arrangement on the temple grounds. It's art.
My kids have a new cousin! Nate and Cassandra had little Joelle and she is so tiny. I forgot how small babies come.
We finally got blinds for the kitchen and that's nice but I really took this picture to remember  how cute my kids are when they are playing outside together and with friends.
We got a crazy rainstorm last week that was pretty exciting. We did what most people do when it's pouring and windy-- we drove to Reams to get 2/$1 doughnuts. After driving through all the puddles I wanted to get back to the house because I was concerned about our windows leaking.  When we got home we saw this:

The storm drain was backed up and the gutter was overflowing. 
This water didn't flood our house (a couple of our windows would do that for us) but Justin reported it anyway because that's not good.
One morning James, Erica, and Henry made paper bag puppets for a Little Red Hood play they performed on the piano bench.
They were so funny about it with voices for the characters. 
Henry changed the woodsman to a hunter.

I am so looking forward to Pioneer Day tomorrow. It's my third favorite holiday! We are also close on finishing up a few house projects too that maybe I'll remember to take pictures of.

No comments: