Thursday, July 29, 2021

Rage Painting and Other Home Improvements

 I can't look at that red door one more day, I thought to myself as I drove up to the house. I got out my primer and a can of exterior paint left behind. 


We've been here for more than a month. I don't want people thinking I like the red door.

Three days and 4 coats of paint (and a knocker, peephole and a new rug) later...


I may paint it another color someday but for now, like the rest of the house, it just needs to be clean and white.

Jesse Estevez, the contractor doing our bathrooms, would comment every morning when he arrived that I was always working. One morning I was sweeping the driveway and sidewalk, the next day stapling a carpet runner to the stairs. "You are always working!" I'd laugh and tell him I had to get an early start before it got too hot. Then there was the morning I was giving James a haircut in the kitchen when Jesse arrived. "You cut hair too?! Justin is a very lucky guy!" Jesse is my favorite contractor out of all the people we've worked with. 😄

When you hand Jesse a badly drawn sketch and show him taped out walls on the subfloor and he can create this.....
Justin and I also finished putting up all the cabinet doors in the kitchen. 

It takes us way longer to empty the dishwasher but it's worth it. We may even get the handles put on sometime soon.

Our master shower is done which means Justin and I will need to put the flooring in and then we can get the tub and vanity out of our bedroom. The kids don't mind it in there though.
The basement bathroom is almost done too--just waiting for the wall kit to come in. Three full operating bathrooms?? What would that be like?

No comments: