Monday, October 25, 2021

Music, fun, and spooky stuff

On Wednesday Sarah had her first orchestra concert. She told me that morning that she could wear a costume to the performance. I did not think that was going to happen since I hadn't bought/found anything for her costume yet. She wore all black. They sounded great and her orchestra teacher is super funny and the concert was pretty good--interactive and some sumo dancing.

On Thursday we went to Gordo's Fun Farm. This was literally the only day left this month that we could all go together. Because of school stuff and church stuff and hunting, our evenings together are nearly non-existent. I even had to ditch out of a stake training to make it happen. Because sometimes you just have to go play on old tractors instead of a meeting.

Their corn pit was much bigger this year to Henry's delight.

How many socks do you think are in there? (None of ours--my kids took off their shoes and socks before they got in.)

The sun sets early on the west side of the valley.

And then the train ride. This is Sarah's last year riding it since she'll be over 12 in a few days. She was actually crammed in their pretty good and was okay with the idea of sitting this ride out but I wouldn't let her. #denial

And then the corn maze. Henry looked at this map for a minute and said "Oh look, a basketball." Henry, the whole middle part is Jazz. "Oh yeah!"

We played find the ugliest gourd. That wasn't a real game--just something we did.

Cute little farm kids.

Henry was having a dickens of a time getting this swing to go how he wanted. It was hilarious.

After we looked at all the animals (the rabbits, puppies and pigs were cute. The goats looked ready for a fight) we picked out pumpkins.

And then we went home and ate pumpkin cake and watched Hotel Transylvania 2 for spooky movie night. I'm not going to say this is the most fun I've had ditching a meeting but I won't not say it.

Random picture: Do you think this is the author's real name? 

Our maple tree provides the best leaf piles. I may have to buy a leaf rake!

We carved our pumpkins! James drew a picture for me to carve. Luckily he's a traditionalist because I don't have pumpkin carving skills.



Okay, well I did manage to carve a sloth for Erica.


Henry with his Among Us pumpkin. (Isn't he so handsome when he smiles like a normal person?)
And Sarah used a drill to make her polka dot design. 
Ooooh spooky!

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Ah, traditional Halloween activities. How fun. I remember junior high orchestra concerts. ;) And I lost my wedding ring in a corn pit once (at Jaker's) and miraculously reached in and found it right away. Random socks from other kids are gross though.