James was the first to finish the school year. His last week was an easy slide into summer. Monday was a regular day then Tuesday was a water day and all the classes went in the afternoon. He was not used to waiting until after lunch to go to school and he was boooored all morning long. The school had a few water games and activities that the kindergarten kids rotated through all afternoon. He had a blast and talked about it for the rest of the day.
We took these pictures on Wednesday, his last day of real class.
First day versus last day.
Thursday was his graduation. They filed in, sang a few songs and that was that! I liked it.
He got to take home his self-portrait. I loved seeing all of his class's pictures.
That afternoon his bff Calvin came with us to get ice cream to celebrate.
And then we went back on Friday for his assessment. He has just loved Mrs. Carpenter and I agree she is a great teacher. She is so calm and even keeled---an important attribute when you teach a bunch of 5-year-olds
And then we had a week together until the rest of the kids finished school.
Erica finished 3rd grade. She had so many friends in her class this year which was so fun. I wish she had a better teacher. Her teacher had a bit of a martyr complex and Erica came home at least once a week upset because her teacher played the wo is me card, teaching is so hard and you guys are so unruly and how is this fair to me, etc, blah blah blah. I offered multiple times to come in and help in her class but her teacher always turned me down and said that all was well. To be fair, I know a few of the kids that were in the class and man, that would be tough BUT nothing a teacher that didn't play the victim couldn't handle. Anyway, let's hope next year she has a teacher with better classroom management skills.
First day versus last day. Same outfit down to the socks and earrings.
Henry finished 6th grade. He's loving middle school.
Sadly his shirt didn't survive the school year.Sarah finished 8th grade at the jr. high. The day before her bike got stolen from school by some punk kid. We watched the security camera footage and the administrator thought he knew who it was and called his parents. I don't know how that panned out but her bike mysteriously reappeared the next morning, the last day of school.
First day and last day.
All the kids were done by noon. We got some lunch and then the rest of the day was driving kids around to friends houses and then to other friends houses. Just like it should be, I guess.





.jpg)











No comments:
Post a Comment