Wednesday, May 31, 2023

The rest of May

 The return of the fireman's breakfast! Henry was at a overnight campout with the deacons so he didn't come which was sad because it's his favorite. Cousin Maddie was there!

I forgot to get a picture with the big firetrucks so we snapped this on our way out. Oh well.

Then we went home and began tearing apart the ugly shed. This was way harder than I thought it would be. The siding on two sides was so water damaged it had to come off, no way to save it or even paint it.

Justin's dad and mom and brother came over to help and saved the day.

The new siding and trim and then I could finish it up.

Then I caulked the seams and painted a coat of primer.
Then new paint! The shed primed was so bright in the sunshine it made me nervous for the white paint I chose but I think it turned out great.  Now it's not such an ugly eyesore in the corner of our yard.
Justin and I celebrated our 17th anniversary. We worked on the shed some more and then went out to dinner and it was delicious.
Saturday before Memorial Day we went to Sanpete County and met my parents at the Moroni cemetery where most of my dad's side is buried.
We noticed my aunt's plaque had the wrong date, 2202, but Justin fixed it.

Sarah and Justin dressed as twinners.
These are the graves of my like 4th great grandfather and his plural wife that we come through. I don't remember visiting these graves before.
I believe Amasa is the son of the above grandpa. Not a polygamist, I think.
This is the view toward the east. The town at the base of those mountains is Wales, Utah. My grandma lived in Moroni her entire life and looked east to Wales every day of her life. But she never went there. She never went to that town of Wales like 5 miles away
I too had never been to Wales so we took that way home. This is for you, Grandma.From there we went to Ephraim for lunch at Scandinavian days. We had never been before. Erica and I got Swedish meatballs and everyone else got chicken or turkey.


There were tons of food booths and craft and art and other booths and a car show. That's mostly what it was, just selling stuff. Didn't feel very Scandinavian aside from some people in costumes.


We walked through campus so I could remisice. It has been 20 years since I was a student there!
There was a lot of me saying "that building is new" and "I don't remember that building." Campus has grown a lot.
Then we drove past my old apartment. I was in the bottom level. Apartment B4 girls were the coolest!
Next stop on our grand tour of Sanpete County: Manti cemetery.
The temple was closed for renovation. 17 years and a day ago we were married there.
Then we got ice cream and went home!

No comments: