Sunday, June 30, 2024

The last of June

The day after father's day Justin left for a work trip to Colorado. He got back Wednesday afternoon just in time for him and I to head up to girls camp. We ate dinner with Sarah, watched the skits and then met with just our ward for dessert and testimony meeting. The bishopric served the girls ice cream cones.

It's always so fun to see the young women and to see Sarah having fun with all the girls. 

There are a couple of boys building a fort in a huge empty field near our house. One day I saw these awesome signs but no sign of the fort. I took a picture for Justin because it makes him happy to see kids playing outside doing creative things.
Summer isn't summer without swimming lessons although it felt weird to only have two kids taking lessons. Sarah's schedule didn't line up with the weeks that a class for her was offered and I couldn't talk Henry into taking anymore lessons. So just the littles.
Erica learned the front stroke this year and she did awesome. I think she had the advantage of practicing a little with her older siblings here and there since last year. They also started diving in this class and she did great at that too. Her teacher often pointed out to the rest of the class how little of a splash she made.
She also won the survival float contest.
James was all about doing whatever he needed to do to pass the class. He's a quick learner but he often gets goofing around with whoever is around him and doesn't listen. 
But this year I could tell he was trying a little harder because I always get them a treat if they pass and he really wanted a kids meal or a big box of goldfish crackers. 
He passed and he was so excited. He impulsively chose pizza and ice cream from Costco and had major remorse on the way home that he didn't get goldfish crackers. I'll see what I can do to make it up to him. We've all been there.
He and his little biker games of friends crack me up. Sandlot anyone?
Friday all the kids had their dentist checkups. James has like 5 wiggly teeth, Henry has a molar ready to fall out of his mouth but he won't do it because he hates losing teeth, Sarah was fine, poor Erica has two more cavities. Everyone was cooperative so we got doughnuts at the grocery store per tradition.

Justin got back yesterday from a weeklong canoeing and fishing trip in Minnesota with his friends. I don't remember all the details but he got rained on, bit by leeches and mosquitos, but said it was awesome.






No comments: