Monday, September 30, 2024

It feels like fall but it also doesn't

Football football football. It's that time of year.
Huddling is their favorite part. "It's a huddle, not a hug." I don't remember if it was a coach or player that said that.

One day the kids dragged the trampoline near the shed and began jumping off it.
The blankets on the roof are because the shingles were hot.
It does look pretty fun.


After I took more pictures and videos I told them they couldn't do it anymore.

Calvin's mom was kind enough to bring a bunch of the boys home after a birthday party at a trampoline park. I KNOW how this group in a car sounds because I've also done it. These boys are hilarious and full of it.
James lost 3 teeth in September. Two on top and one on bottom.
He likes that he can do this.
Sarah went to the homecoming dance. This was the first dress she tried on and ultimately her favorite. (Took a couple of tries on the shoes)

Her date was a kid named Jackson and I hear they had a great time. Their group played disc golf up the canyon then later for dinner they ate one of the parent's house. After the dance they watched a movie and played on a zipline at Jackson's house
He's tall and she's short in case you were wondering.
While they were at the dance I took the littles to Chick fil a and then we watched Toy Story.
Somebody loves mac n cheese.
Somebody else loves the French fries.
And while we were doing that, Justin and Henry stopped at Wendy's because Henry thinks it's the best place in the world.
And then they went to the BYU game.
The littles and I only stayed up until 9:30. Sarah got home at midnight and who knows what time the football boys got home.

I saw a deer on my walk one day. They startle me every time but then I like to watch them hoping they'll hop a fence in the way deer do.

One night we had FHE outside and roasted marshmallows. Justin took this photo and not sure why but I like it.
This is spooky James skull. It's from his first visit to the orthodontist as a patient. (He's gone as brother 100 times). He was really hoping he didn't need braces and just a ramp to help his front teeth over his bottom. He was wrong. He has an underbite and a crossbite so he'll be getting braces but only after he has a pallet expander put in and then possible headgear. He goes back in November to get started and we're looking at 15 months of treatment. His poor eyes welled up with tears while this was all being explained with pictures and animation. It was a lot to take in. 
Luckily all his siblings have some experience with orthodontia (how did we get so lucky?) and he's since learned of some kids that have had an expander so he's getting a little more used to the idea. He keeps reminding himself he can still eat chocolate, ice cream, and doughnuts so he'll be okay.

As the list of unknown duties as Erica's class room parent expands (I was tricked by the PTA into taking the job, I tell ya), I finally finished the class basket for the silent auction for the fall festival. While it was a little fun to spend other people's donated money, I was completely out of my element. I literally googles "auction basket" to see what this should even look like. 
I bought cellophane for the first time and dropped it off at the school 3 days early so I could stop stressing about it. But I still stressed about it and peeked in the room for days later to see how my basket stacked up against the others. I did fine. (Would you bid $200+ for it? It's more than $200 worth of stuff. Yikes, right?. I hope parents weren't better off just donating their money straight to the PTA.)
Justin, Sarah and James went up hunting Friday night. They didn't get a deer but they did see some beautiful sights.
James played his last flag football game tonight. He loved it so much and wished that the games were longer and that there were more of them. 

It helped that he had great coaches and a few of his best friends on his team.
So that's that. October we'll see the end of Henry's first season of tackle football, general conference, fall break, Sarah's 16th birthday and maybe some fall temperatures below 85 degrees.

No comments: