Sunday, October 13, 2024

This is how we do it

Around here general conference means cinnamon rolls. And I think these beauties are my best batch yet. I used this recipe but replaced 20% of the flour with gluten powder. (Give me all the gluten.) The texture was amazing and they were still great the next day. I smothered them with cream cheese frosting, of course.
Sunday morning these two went on a walk with me. I hoped the neighbors goats were out but we couldn't see them.
Sunday evening we went up the canyon to do family pictures. We do the the tri-pod plus timer thing and yours truly is the designated runner. If this photo doesn't sum up family pictures.....
And I didn't notice that one kid ruined 80% of the shots until we packed up. That earned us all another round of pictures.
This was after he poked James with a stick and made him cry (you can see his face is still red). Needless to say, James got Henry's "wear what I tell you to wear and smile when I say" good sport $1. I'll post some decent shots once I find one.

Monday, Henry had his first junior high orchestra concert. They played some fun songs and Henry was right on the end so we had a good view. They got to dress in costumes; he didn't come straight from football practice.

Tuesday was the elementary school's Fall Festival. It's the PTA fundraiser that my basket was for. Sarah got roped into helping out but she needed the service hours for youth city council so she was okay with that. I didn't get any other pictures of my kids because I spent what little time I was there watching the bid sheet for my basket then I had to go get Henry from football practice. I have no idea if the festival was a financial success but people looked like they were having fun.

My basket sold for like $150 so the family that won it got a steal of a deal. I saw them taking a group photo with it and they looked so excited.

Sarah took some great pictures of the northern lights.
Yesterday was James's best friend Calvin's baptism. Calvin looks so dapper in his suit.
These boys are so funny (missing Jay). I hope they are friends forever. 
Upset of the season, Henry's team won their first playoff game! They beat the number 2 team as the number 8 team so they fought hard. They have a break until the semifinals and I hope they feel ready. (Henry is second from the right, standing.)
That evening Calvin's and George's moms let James tag along to the Scarecrow Festival at the city park and sent me this picture.
So that's that. Work is going okay. I feel like I have lost more than 3 hours a day and don't get as much done each day as I'd like. I'll be glad when football season is over so I can have my Saturdays back and less driving around during the evenings. The student teacher is teaching solo for the next several weeks and the kids are so naughty for her I come home a little frazzled. I think it will get better once they get used to the idea that she's the teacher. She's talented and capable; they are just stinkers and there are 25 of them. I enjoy the work and most of the kids the kids most of the time. I am a pro with the laminator and will start next week doing one on one progress assessment which I know I will enjoy.

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

That's the cinnamon roll recipe I use but I've never tried gluten powder. I'm gonna have to do that next time! If you ever have a football game up my way, let me know. I would love to see you (and maybe watch some football ;)).