Monday, November 18, 2024

James's baptism

James got baptized on Saturday! He has been so excited for months and could not wait for this day. He's been all smiles all week and he was extra all smiles all day.

 

He wore a shirt and tie for the first time. He didn't want to but I told him he had to.

There was another girl from our ward that was baptized too and even with taking turns in the relief society room, it went pretty quickly. My mom and Nadine did the music, Sarah gave the closing prayer, Henry and Erica were the witnesses and I just got to watch and soak it all in.

Of course his gang was there to support him.

Back at the house we served one of James's favorite meals, fettucine alfredo. We had about 30 friends and family there and it was so fun to get together and celebrate James.

 

I displayed some pictures of James from this last year and his baptism photos and his birthday interview.

 a

They are singing "hinges"

It was also George's birthday so we sang to him and James.

He opened a set of scriptures from us, birthday money from my parents and Harry Potter legos and the biggest box of goldfish crackers from Corey and Nadine.

I love this kid so much! He is so smart and clever and I'm so proud of him!

Later that night he and Calvin went to the BYU football game for George's birthday and didn't get home until 12:30! They weren't planning on staying for the whole game but the boys were into it and weren't too cold. He loved every minute!

No comments: