Here we go, the final week before Christmas gets real.
Justin's work had their yearly Christmas party. It was at the same place as last year, even the same food. What was not the same was his boss wearing this suit. That's new. He said his wife wouldn't let him wear it to church so he had to wear it that night. It even lights up.
Sarah and her Christmas dance date. The Christmas dance is not like when I was in high school. It is now a casual "Jingle Ball" and they wear coordinating Christmas sweaters. They went ice skating, went to a friend's ward's Christmas party, ate BBQ, went to the dance and then watched a Christmas movie.
Sunday morning a week after James got baptized he came to my bathroom dressed for church with his shirt and tie. "I need a suit," he sighed. This coming from the kid that bemoaned wearing a white shirt and tie for the first time just a week prior.
I found a suitcoat at the thrift store for $6. That's the level of confidence I had that he'll actually wear it.
I was wrong. He wore it all day Sunday (took it off to eat dinner), to his friend's baptism Saturday and then again today. He loves it!
He looks so cute.Since it was just me I got a seat third row in the center which seemed great until Henry's group filed in and I couldn't see him once everyone sat down.
Luckily I could see him during the finale.
Wednesday night basketball. They were short players so they played all game and then ran around the gym and didn't want to come home.
As we drove around we tried to spot what was new this year but didn't come up with anything definitive.
Then these blow up trees and gingerbread men surprised us all with dancing around to our singing. It was pretty funny.
Check out these homemade cookies my neighbor brought over. Made my day. Neighbor gifts are my favorite. I get stressed out making and delivering my own but I love getting them so I keep doing it.
Yesterday I took James to Eli's baptism. Seeing these boys at each other's baptisms has been so fun. I think we just have Josh's left.
I have a bunch of presents to wrap and one last trip to the grocery store and then we are ready to start doing things. Celebrations start tomorrow with Christmas Eve Eve (which rivals Christmas Eve in traditions and merriment). We've got lots of food to make and family to see!














1 comment:
Merry Christmas to the Dye Family! Hope it was great and that you are enjoying a break and extra family time!
Post a Comment