All Erica wanted for her birthday was Chick-fil-a and to see her best friend in the whole world that moved to Orem the same summer we moved to Mapleton. Two birds, one stone. Saturday we picked up Madison from her house and took them out to lunch at a Chick-fil-a by her house. They both ordered mac n cheese and Sprite. I think it was the first time I didn't order chicken. They giggled and ate and talked at their own table forever then went into the playground for a little while until Justin and I got really bored. We took them back to Madison's house where Henry was playing hanging out with Wayne. They all went to Wayne's school play and then their parents brought them home that night. So they got a good 8+ hours of time together that day.

(Sidenote: when Justin and I got back from Orem, Sarah was at work until 10, James was with friends until 8. We had the rest of the day just the two of us. We made popcorn and watched the new French version of Count of Monte Cristo, he made dinner while I made cookies, dinner was just the two of us. We couldn't have planned it; it never works out if we try. It was so weird. Nice but weird. Makes me wonder if this is what our empty nester years will be like.)
Wednesday was her birthday. She had it all planned. Get up early and open presents before the biggles left for school:


Her wishlist was all snacks. Doritos, Chex Mix, Goldfish crackers, etc.
I also got her a coloring book, watercolor markers, calendar stickers, Wayside books, and a camera that also prints pictures.

Goofy kids. James gave her a cow palmpal (that he got in his stocking this Christmas), Henry gave her chocolate for her smore maker and some sodas, Sarah gave her water flavoring.
Then we had French toast, buttermilk syrup, sausage, and chocolate milk for breakfast.
After school Delaney stopped by to give her a gift. Delaney's birthday is 2 days later so it's a fun week for them.
Then Avery came over and spent the evening with us. They were super goofy playing with her new camera, running around, doing nails, and I don't know what else. Then it was time for dinner. Erica chose (over going out to dinner, I might add) homemade macaroni and cheese with bacon, peach fluffy salad, broccoli, and sweetwater.
Then grandparents came over. She got birthday money from my parents and new jeans, sweatshirt, and a Chick-fil-a giftcard from Justin's parents.
Her birthday cake. She has picked a cake nearly every year and then regrets it. She doesn't love cake but she likes the look of it so we created this brownie tower.
She wanted us to sing in the style of "super happy." I love her reaction.
Then we carried the brownie tower into the kitchen so everyone could make their own brownie sundae.
She's an artist!
I made homemade magic shell and she had fun taking it off and seeing the spider shape it made.
We love this girl so much! Who does she look more like?
.jpg)
11 Things about Erica
She's still my little mess maker. No one gets stuff out like she does. She's also my most creative child and watches TV the least so I think they all go together.
She likes to tell me all about what she's reading. Every night when I tuck her in she catches me up on what she read the night before and what's happening now. I feel like I've read the book!
She wants braces so bad but the orthodontist thinks we can skip a phase 1 and just do comprehensive in a few years.
She loves clothes. She has very definite and specific ideas of what she wants to pick out. Unfortunately for her most of her clothes are hand-me-downs from Delaney and Sarah.
She's growing out her bangs. I think she looks adorable with bangs so I'm a little sad. I'm secretly hoping she changes her mind but I'm helping her see this through.
There's a little friend-group shift going on. I'm hoping it will result in less drama.
Everyday when we walk out of school together I get the rundown of who got in trouble in her class. She has a bit of reputation of being a tattletale. She's just such a rule follower so to see someone else break the rules....she just can't NOT say something. We've been talking about letting people make their own decisions and just focusing on our own behavior and when it's good to speak up. It's a tricky one.
She's the oldest kid in senior primary (James is the youngest kid in senior primary). Luckily Avery is still in primary too.
Every adult in her life loves her. Her teacher, the school librarian, the school counselor (who's my best friend from high school so there's a little bias there), her primary teachers, Avery's mom. She's pretty darn likable so it makes sense.
She's the 3rd smallest 5th grader. She hates when people comment on her size.
She is signed up to learn violin next year in the middle school orchestra. She also chose drama which surprised me since she embarrasses easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment