Erica had her very last indoor field hockey game. Her coach was a no-show which was really weird. Sure, he'd missed half of the games but he always at least emailed the parents to tell us he wouldn't be there.
They didn't need him. With Ethan's older brother calling the subs, they creamed the other team. Erica got 2 goals! Her first goals of the season. It was so exciting. I would watch 3 hours of indoor hockey over soccer, any day. (Well games are only 45 minutes so that's not really a thing.)
Christmas is officially over folks. We gave the kids and my parents tickets to the Utah Symphony for Christmas and the day finally came! First we went out to dinner then headed to Orem. The symphony plays at UVU regularly and it sure beats driving to downtown Salt Lake.
James got especially bored but if you ask him about it, he'll tell you he liked it. There was a lady handing out suckers and pamphlets in the lobby. They came away twice with suckers and zero pamphlets.
While Justin took the biggles and the youth in our ward to an overnight youth conference at Sundance, I had fun with the littles at home. I love the biggles, don't get me wrong. But hanging out with them is full of them wishing they had something better to do. The littles? Give them Chick-fil-a and it's the best night ever. James later went to a trampoline park with George and Delaney came over to play with Erica. That means I got to eat ice cream in my room and watch a British mini-series. The next afternoon they went off to play with friends and I got to see some aunts and my uncle at my mom's house.
Just two brothers being so cute on the swings after Sunday dinner.
James and his friend George are both picky eaters. And they are picky in their own ways so there is very little they will both eat at my house. Quesadillas is their one crossover food so you better believe a quesadilla is made every time they eat at my house. I took this picture because it cracks me up they are sitting on the same chair while sharing the same quesadilla.
Friday night we entered a new phase of parenting: leaving our children alone overnight. No baby-sitter, no grandparents. Not since James finished potty-training have I been so excited to turn a page in my parenting journey.
Justin and I made an epic return to one of our favorite restaurants in Salt Lake City, The Copper Onion. We didn't have a reservation so we got there minutes after it opened. We could wait an hour for a table OR we could be seated at the chef's counter. Um yeah, we'll take the chef's counter (or whatever they called it)) We've sat here once before and it was the best time. Dinner and a show.
Justin and I didn't talk much besides wowing and commenting on what was going on in front of us. Our server explained this kitchen is run brigade style. I don't know exactly what that means but it is fast paced with lots of calling out by the chef (black hat) and answering by the crew.
This blur of a man on the right runs 6 burners at a time. No timers, just pure instinct. Or just experience. I don't know. It was fascinating to watch.
This cauliflower. We always get it. We've tried to replicate it but theirs is better.
The view atop Main Street. You can see the temple on the right half. We had a mile walk downhill to the west. Across Main Street, past West High School, across all the train tracks to the scary part of town.
Who's this, you ask? Just Gary Lightbody and the rest of Snow Patrol.
The concert was awesome. Could only be better if they had played "Youth Written in Fire." And if I was 6 inches taller.
I'm pretty sure it's impolite to be as tall as the man in front of me.
After 3.5 hours of walking, standing and kind of dancing, we headed back to our bed and breakfast. The downhill walk became an uphill walk. Oh my goodness! We did pretty well, thanks to our sensible shoes. We could stop for a photo at this point again since the worst of the incline was over.
Our view that night.
The next morning we stopped for doughnuts at Fresh Doughnut and Deli. Then we went to the biggest Costco. It was twice as big as our Costco. Well don't quote me on that but it was huge and has things our Costco does not have.
Like goat carcass.
Whole pigs.
And wheels of cheese the size of a bike tire.
We've just begun our spring break. (Woohoo!) It's going to snow tomorrow. (Boo!)
























No comments:
Post a Comment