Erica scored us tickets to the Utah Hockey Club game (there needs to be a shortened name for the team) on the 1st of March. We decided to make an afternoon of it too so we stopped at Fresh Doughnuts and Deli to show the kids what a really good doughnut is.
That late in the afternoon provides slim pickings but we each got a doughnut and then two dozen doughnut holes to share. The doughnut holes are the highlight so the kids were convinced.From there we drove to the trax station and got on the train to take us downtown. The train was empty but that didn't stop the kids from standing and balancing. They liked the circle hinge point between train cars.
Most of temple square is still under construction but the Church History Museum was open so that's where we went. They have a lot of interactive displays and artifacts from church history which was especially meaningful this year as we study Doctrine and Covenants.
Gold plates replica complete with characters.
We saw lots of art. I like that James stops to look at art longer than my other kids. He can be my museum buddy.
Then they have a large childrens section that is all temple themed. The kids spent a lot of time in here. Seven years ago we spent a lot of time up here killing time between a wedding and a reception. The display is all different now.
From there we walked to temple square to see how the temple was coming along. No workers today, just scaffolding. We then walked to Crown Burger near the Delta Center because that's what you do on game nights (even though I never have). The restaurant was packed! But apparently they know what they are doing because even though the line to order snaked all the way around the restaurant, it moved quickly. We got our food quickly and even scored a large table next to the fireplace, just like I hoped.
And then to the game!
Erica wore her jersey and was so excited.
The section was mostly people from Mapleton who got their tickets from the same deal as Erica for playing in the city rec league. That made it more fun to see people we knew.
The kids saw their very first hockey fight and thought it was weird or flat out didn't like it. I think it's silly and barbaric. (I don't think we've really evolved much from the gladiator era.) The game was fun even though they lost.
Erica continues to surprise herself and us by really liking street hockey. Just a couple more games of the season. They don't keep score but I think they've won most of the six games so far.
This morning I took James to his friend's baptism. I love their family. Henry is good friends with his older brother and his little sister is in my kindergarten class.
.jpg)















No comments:
Post a Comment