Thursday, February 26, 2026

Feel the Love

I love when Erica plays goalie. She's serious and competent and so good at it. She's the smallest one on the court but you wouldn't know it.
Remember kids:
Plus she's just really cool. 
Justin got to step in and coach one night (I volunteered him) and Erica loved it. I think Justin liked it too. 
Happy Valentine's Day! I have one kid in elementary school and this particular kid does not want to make a Valentine box so he's reusing his box from 1st grade again. And he didn't want to sign his Valentines so he was mystery boy in class. He did let me take his picture but that smile was for the camera only.
Check out this picture Erica took of the sky on the way home from school.
This is the one and only picture I took Friday night. We celebrated with our mostly annual Valentine dinner. We had tacos for dinner (hailing back my and Justin's first Valentines together where we went to a hole in the wall taco shop) and I gave everyone a box of candy and a new book. We will continue this tradition no matter how old my kids get. The only way out of it is if they are on a date. Bonus points if they bring a date to family Valentine dinner.
We had our dinner Friday night because Saturday Sarah had a high school dance. It was girls choice so I don't have a picture of her date.

President's Day! That day the kids played with friends all day but that evening we went out for ice cream to Brooker's Founding Flavors so we could reflect on our country's beginning and eat sugar.
We went to the new Spanish Fork location. I think it was very well done inside to feel like an 18th century tavern (such an expert).

I was getting inspired for my own home. 

A little girl in an elementary class I volunteer in spent all of inside recess making this for me.
 

"Five stars, Mrs. Dye." They do 5 star writing exercises every day so five stars is high praise.

Can you tell that James is snow deprived? He laid there for a while eating and studying the snow. He was even late for school (well still on time but not 30 minutes early like he usually is) so he could play in the snow and it was a good thing he did because it was melted when he got home that afternoon.

No comments: