Wednesday, March 18, 2026

Endings

Even though it is the middle of March and 80+ degrees outside, I am having a hard time believing we are done with snow and winter and cold temperatures. It never happened for us so it all feels so weird to see tulips and go without a coat and have kids ask for popsicles. I love spring but without winter it's not so sweet.

Erica found and loved the biggest bananas she has ever seen. She told her whole young women's class about them at church the next day and sent her leader a picture of them when she got home. The best part was she actually ate like 3 of them herself.
Sarah had her swim team awards night. 
She got several awards for just generally being awesome.


I started a quilt and here is the progress. It's for America's 250th birthday! I hope to finish it within the next month or so. I wish I would have started sooner because quilting a large blanket on my lap sounds much too hot now.

At stake conference last weekend we were at a church building we don't often attend and I saw in a classroom these little folding chairs. I had a flashback to my primary days where we had these same wood seat chairs. Nostalgia.

Erica had her last indoor street hockey game of the season. It was a rough game since the ref did not seem to know what he was doing and made some odd calls. Plus a week off and the whole team seemed to have lost their zest for the game or they forgot how to play or something. 
Erica still played hard and had fun so that's what matters. Actually what mattered was the ice cream after the game.
This marks the first time since July that we have not had a child in a sport. Nine months of practices and games! I am so ready for a break.

Erica's primary teachers from last year took her class to the temple. It took a couple of extra months to find an appointment and a time where everyone could go but they finally did it today when there was a half day of school. I love Bro and Sis W so much. They love these kids (and everyone) with all their hearts. They made the kids feel so special and made their final year of primary and "temple prep" their favorite primary year. 

Plus a trip for frozen yogurt. Best day ever. And these girls are so blessed to have Sis W move up with them into young women's.

No comments: