Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hat Time

Sarah has yet to give me a true smile. There have been some close ones but none I feel confident as claiming as her first smile. But I am convinced that it won't be me or Justin that will get her first toothless grin but that honor will go to her pink hat. I bought this bright pink hat on clearance for a dollar before she was born. It hangs above where we change her diapers and she stares at it the entire time. Well she used to just stare at it but now she gets so excited to see it, kicking her legs and waving her arms. You'd think it lit up or twirled watching her reaction. Sometimes when she's being fussy, we'll give her "hat time" and it calms her down....until she figures out I'm using it to actually get something done.



3 comments:

Kirsta Silvey said...

Yay for pictures! She still looks so sweet and petite. My baby is so huge compared to her!

Annie said...

That's so cute! It's funny how attached these little ones get to things so early on. They definitely have their likes and dislikes!

Mandy said...

I love how easliy entertained they are with simple things...wait so is my husband though! :) She is so cute! I love your obsession with getting her to smile! Don't worry, before you know it she will laugh & giggle all day long!