Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Fun to Be 1!

Happy Birthday to Sarah!

To be honest, I didn't think we'd make it this far so it's hard to believe we've made it. And I've been focusing on her turning 12 months for so long, I'm having trouble comprehending that she'll be 13, 14, 15 months, etc. So prepare yourself for a long post. I've taken 97 pictures and 23 videos in the past 3 days but here's just the best and the highlights.

Just to see how far she's come, here she is on her true birthday.

Here's my little pioneer girl now.




Her birthday balloon.

It took all day to make her birthday cake. I'm very proud of it--not because it turned out spectacular but because I did it while taking care of a speedy, sometimes clingy one-year-old.

She got her toe in the cake in the above picture so we helped her lick it off.




It's no wonder that "ball" was her first word.



Her balloon was pretty dead this morning but still fun to play with.



I love fall but am sad that it's getting too cold to go on our daily walk.

Sarah tasted quite a few leaves. None of them tasted good but that didn't slow her down.


5 comments:

Meredith said...

She is so beautiful! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday Sweet Sarah!!

Mandy said...

You have a one year old!!!! She is so cute. Her hair is getting long! It looks so cute with the flower in it! Looks like she is one lucky girl. The cake was darling too!!! Good work Di!

Andrea Campbell said...

Those pictures are so cute. Next thing you know, they start school! It goes way too fast.

Kirsta Silvey said...

Only 97 pictures during your only child's first birthday? I'm a little disappointed. What did you do, stop to eat and sleep? For shame. You did take some mighty cute pictures though. Thanks for sharing them! Sarah is such a pretty girl!

The Walker's said...

I can't believe she is 1! Your cake was very impressive! I love all the pics. :) I hope it was a great day!