Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Great Indoors

January feels so long. We spend too much time indoors.  So I've been trying to be a little more creative. Sarah plays "Bean Blanket" which means she plays with a jarful of dried beans and measuring cups and a funnel and they must stay on the blue blanket.  When that got old I squirted a bunch of Justin's shaving cream on a cookie sheet and let her go to town. 
She didn't really like it. 
These pictures pretty much captures real time.
Less than 2 minutes later she was done.
Ignore my messy living room and just notice how tiny and sweet my baby is.  He will sit and play for long stretches at a time all by himself.  He's just so sweet! After I took this picture, he turned around and gave me a big grin. Then he wanted to be held and kissed all over his cheeks and neck. "Stay little," I whisper to him almost every night before I lay him down.
Henry does this crazy Stevie Wonder head shake.  You can get him to do it if you do it to him, thus the crazy camera work.
Sarah is pretty much obsessed with umbrellas.  I blame Mary Poppins. 
She wants one of her own so she is doing jobs around the house to earn the money.  I made her a chart to keep track of how much money she needs and a jar to put her quarters in. Here she is washing windows.
I've decided it's way more work to help and supervise Sarah than to just do it myself. But she's learning a valuable lesson, right?

She lined up these dolls on her little doll couch and told me she was taking a family picture. Then she held up an imaginary camera and said "click." So I got out my camera and took one for reals so I can always treasure her cuteness.
Left to right: Kelli, Jane, Michael, Kelly
Henry went Steve Irwin on this water bottle. It really looked like he was wrestling a crocodile. The pictures make it look like he's having much more fun than he actually did. He was getting pretty mad that it wouldn't hold still.


He cut his first tooth today.  I have mixed feelings about it.  He will never have a gummy grin again. And nursing will never be the same either. But I guess the kid's gotta have teeth.

3 comments:

Steve and Stace said...

I totally know what you mean when you want them to stay little! Ross does that lovely head shake all the time too. And he has this clear see through ball with a little ping pong ball inside it that frustrates the dickens out of him because he can't get to it either. Your kids are so cute. :)

Kirsta Silvey said...

I love the color of Henry's hair. I've started letting Colin earn some chore money so he can save up for some of the items he is constantly asking me to buy for him. Thanks for the idea. My kids have been playing with Play Doh a lot, and I think I'll have to give the shaving cream game a try.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

I love that you are having Sarah work for her umbrella! I have Aubri and Timmy help me out and then they each get a quarter or penny or dime... whatever I can find to put in their piggy banks and they love it. Your kids are so cute!