Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sarah's First Day of First Grade

The first day of school is like a holiday around here. Not because we do anything special but because Sarah is so dang excited.

She reminds me of Where's Waldo with her lunch box.

Yes, I'm that mom that takes pictures of them hanging up their backpack.
 And of them sitting at their desk.
I watched the clock all day long. All-day school is long! I asked Henry 5 times if he missed Sarah yet. He said no as he was playing with all the mega blocks and later watching the Kindle all to himself. Luckily he had Erica to play with.

After school, she told me all about her day while eating some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I decided to be that mom 40 minutes before the bus dropped her off {{Patting self on back}}.
I missed her and my day felt so weird and I didn't get much done because everything just felt off. I'll have to get used to another new normal.
I'm just grateful she had a great first day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so old! :(

Megan Goodrich said...

1st day of all day school is SO long! I remember the day dragging on forever. Sarah looks so cute and excited-and good job on the cookies! You make the rest of us look bad!

PS-Who did she get for 1st grade?