My sentiments are not being adopted my kids however. They dressed up and were nerdy about wearing green and leprechauns and pots of gold and pinching all day long. (He changed into this after school. There's no way I'd let him go anywhere wearing Sarah's pj pants.)
We have this book "We Help Mommy" and part of the book the little girl makes a pie for her dad. My kids looove this book (I do too. Good luck finding it.) and think making a treat for daddy while he's at work is part of helping me during my day too. I let Henry have a chunk of bread dough and he made it into a roll for Justin.
Oh I love Easter!!
We do the sameish thing every year: Egg hunt at my mom's house with all my family and ham dinner on Sunday. That's how I like it and that's how it will forever be as long as I have a say.
Hey kids, stare into the sun while we take your picture. Don't squint. Look at the camera and smile.
The boy in the blue shirt behind Hayden is Andrew, my cousin Brian's son. I feel like my sister Mary in NC would want to know that. You're welcome.
There's not much to say about the following pictures. It's the same kids, same baskets, same plastic eggs every year. The kids are just getting bigger.
Henry's basket is a little small so I volunteered to carry his excess eggs in my jacket pockets.
Erica figured out pretty quick there was candy in the eggs and was more determined to get the candy than gather more eggs. She thinks my job is to hold all the wrappers.
I don't do the Easter bunny or buy my kids presents. You get candy and cousins on Saturday and new church clothes on Sunday.
How much do I love this kid? He loves to dress up. He wears a vest and tie every week to church now.
She's pretty sweet too. She was nervous going to church this day because she doesn't like to see the pictures of Jesus on the cross.
I'm sad Sarah's eyes are closed in this one.
Erica is at this stage (well it's been going on for a year so maybe it's a personality trait, not a stage) where she creates a huge mess with anything she eats. I have to wash her hands and face, change her shirt, wipe down the table and chair and then sweep after every meal and snack (or at least I should) I'm so glad it's warming up outside as she will be taking more of her meals outside.
Sarah left this note for Justin one morning. "Henry told me to write snicker."
2 comments:
I can't stop laughing about that note. "Back in a snicker"?! I'm going to work that into my normal vocabulary.
Oh man, your kids are cute! That note is hilarious. And how do you get away with no Easter Bunny? Do your kids say anything? I don't like doing the Easter Bunny thing either but I always feel like I have to do something. I really want to know so email me or something!
Post a Comment