Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Decade of Love: Engagement

Justin and I were engaged for two months and that's not a lot of time to plan a wedding but who wants to plan a wedding for months? We made decisions quickly like where to get sealed (Manti) where to have the reception (Springville Museum of Art) and all the other details we just made snap decisions and didn't look back. I don't remember arguing over a single thing. I think it helped that Justin didn't have strong opinions beyond what food we served at the reception (chips and salsa and cheesecake) and our mothers are the most accommodating people in the world.

We were both still working and going to school but I tell ya what, engagement plus + senioritis = slipping grades. I still did just fine but school was clearly taking a back seat at this point. 

But we did take time to do non-wedding things like go with our friends to Utah Lake.

This is at Sandy Beach. I don't know if that's the official title but that's what everyone calls it. We built a big fire and had dutch oven.
There's something about fire that brings the caveman out in males. 
Fire jumping with synchronized high-5's
Which is not to be confused with it's more dangerous counterpart--fire surfing.
Catching marshmallows in one's mouth with no hands.
More fire jumping
And I don't know what to call this. Fire posing?
For spring break we went to Moab with Justin's family. If you go to Moab with my family, you hike to a few arches, go on long sight-seeing drives, stay in a motel.

If you go with the Dyes, you camp in a trailer and do this:
and this
and this.
And of course, all important dress shopping. I'm sad to say I kind of regret not buying this one. 
And of course, the all-important engagement pictures. I've seen the "good" ones loads of times so I'm posting the outtakes today. I haven't looked at them forever.
Someone's getting sick of pictures.
Someone else is still going strong.
This is the one we used for our announcement.
Here's my bridal shower with all the family. See if you can spot yourself.
There's just one episode left in A Decade of Love: The Wedding. Stay tuned!

No comments: