We started the morning off right with presents and cinnamon rolls. And a big thank you to my sister Rachel for coming over late the night before to do the streamers.
First up, Yahtzee.
An apron I made with fabric Justin scored at a yard sale. It probably cost 25 cents to make.
Magnetic tile art. I think she may now have every little girl craft kit there is.Fashion plates. Remember these?
Full House season 4. She also got some of her favorite treats then it was off to school.
While she was gone, I frosted her cake. I really wanted to do an 8 shape and she really wanted an Oreo cake so this is what I came up with.
After school the kids squirted the extra frosting into their mouths.
Since her baptism was 9 days later, I didn't go all out on a party for her this year. My parents came over for dinner (homemade macaroni and cheese) and cake. We had to sing twice because Henry blew out all the candles the first time. I think he's used to adults letting him help on their birthdays.
Baptism day! Sarah had been so excited. She even made this list of people she wanted to include in her confirmation.
Henry wanted a reverse mohawk so I told him he could long enough for a picture.
I don't remember what Erica was upset about in this picture. She was pretty much tired and ornery the entire day.
Is there anything sweeter than an 8 year old in a baptism jumpsuit? Sorry no pics of Justin in his. I'm nice like that.
The other child being baptized was Reese who lives across the street. He has an amazing mom that took them both to take their pictures a couple of days before. Then she made this table display. Then she put all the pictures she took of Sarah in a small leather album.
Then she made Liahonas for them and gave them journals. And she gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. And their family is moving this week so she did all that while packing.
I made cupcakes. 48 of them. And incubated a baby.
Here are my parents with Sarah.
Then we went to my parents' house for a big old lunch with all the family. I love seeing everyone. Families really are the best.
My 8 Favorite Things about Sarah
1. She says she doesn't like chocolate. But she loves Oreos and Tootsie Rolls and Twix.
2. She is a math brainiac. She passed off all her subtraction and addition math facts a few weeks ago and her teacher said she did it earlier than any student ever.
3. She's my best helper and most obedient child. She's not a pushover and we butt heads a lot but that just makes me like her more.
4. She never complains about practicing the piano. Her teacher ended lessons for all her students in October except for Sarah. Sure, Sarah started later than the rest but I think she's her favorite.
5. Our bishop said he had never interviewed an 8 year old so ready to be baptized.(He's only been bishop since June but still) He said she gave the most thoughtful answers. (She did prep for the interview by reading the questions in Preach My Gospel).
6. Her primary teachers and the primary president have both told me how kind and patient she is with Sophie, the girl in their primary class that has Down syndrome. Sarah told me once that if Jesus came to our church, He'd want to see Sophie first.
7. She watched 6 episodes of Little House on the Prairie during fall break. I'm not even mad, that's incredible.
8. She's just a good kid. But she came that way. I'm just trying not to mess that up.
Here are the pictures I took of her a few weeks ago. These are
This is at the end. Can you tell she's done?






1 comment:
She is so beautiful, inside and out! And she's looking so big in these pictures. And you look great too! Glad that baby decided to stay in for the big baptism weekend. (Can't believe Des did all that, but I've also seen the costumes she's sewn for her kids at Halloween and then I do believe that she would do that.)
Post a Comment