Tuesday, June 13, 2017

James at 7 Months

James is now 7 months old! Man, the past month was a tough one. He wants to be held pretty much all the time. And not just held but walked around or entertained somehow. For the first time I'm actually looking forward to my baby learning to crawl so that he can entertain himself!

Plus he's a pain to nurse. I've never had a baby cry and fuss while nursing before. I am tempted to give up some days and feel like he wouldn't care. But I'm stubborn, more stubborn than him. I read that if babies fuss at this age while nursing it's because they are overstimulated (which makes sense with this family) so I try my darndest to only feed him where it's quiet and boring and that seems to help. But he whines and fusses and stops and starts so much that I can't read or do anything but try to soothe him while nursing him. Sheesh.

I figured out if I give him a blanket, any activity lasts twice as long. He loves soft things.
Other milestones.
He is getting pretty good at sitting up. I stay right by him the entire time he sits and plays with toys. He can keep himself upright and steady for awhile but he'll tip without warning.

He can roll over onto his tummy pretty easily but he's only rolled back onto his back a couple of times and I think it was an accident when he did. He doesn't like to be stuck on his stomach so it's annoying to have to go into his room at night to roll him back over.

He loves to eat. He's at that stage where every food is new and exciting and delicious. He can eat an entire banana.

You can tell his mood by his kicking legs. Kind of like the wag of a dog's tail.

Since his hair is practically in a Mohawk without trying, I made it real.
He's been sleeping great at night. He woke up at 2 am a couple of weeks ago but he usually sleeps until 7 or 8 every morning.

He also goes down much quicker too. I can usually get him fed and drowsy in 40 minutes. I can't tell you how nice it is to have some time to myself in the evenings. How I missed that the last 6 months.

He's good at: feeding himself Cheerios, drooling, growing hair, squawking, saying "da-da-da", tracking my movements with his eyes, not getting too nervous being held by strangers, sucking on my jewelry (I've all but given up wearing any except for my wedding ring), and playing peek a boo.
Everywhere we go he gets attention for his hair.
 But if people get passed that, they admire his big blue eyes.



Oh my drool!
He's cute and he knows it. He's the baby of the family and he knows it.

No comments: