Thursday, June 22, 2017

Swimming Lessons and Father's Day

Henry loves swimming, maybe a little too much. During his swimming lesson he just played and didn't pay too much attention to the new skill they were going over . Then when it came time for his turn with the teacher, he had to be told again what they are doing. He always had a smile on his face though.
I debated whether or not to put Erica in swimming lessons or wait another year or two. She is still really young and I knew she wouldn't retain too much. But I figured she would whine about getting a turn if I didn't sign her up so I did. The first day was so cold and windy and the poor girl was pretty nervous but she got in the water. The sweet teachers held her most of class. She didn't always pay attention either (as you can see in the photo below) but did what they asked. She only said she wanted to go home once! She's more confident and I've watched her practice blowing bubbles in the bathtub so it was worth the money.
Listen for Henry's shout.
Sarah's class is in July and she can't wait!

Fathers Day! I made Justin his most favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy. The kids each made him a picture or card and picked out a treat from the store. Henry gave him sunflower seeds, Erica gave him Reeses, and Sarah picked jalapeno kettle cooked potato chips. He also got some new parts for the grill and I got him a giftcard for Cabela's because all he wants is hunting stuff and I don't know how to pick that out.
Sorry Sarah, everyone looks so cute but you're not looking.
Then Justin wanted a photo of just him and James but Erica didn't want to be left out.
I love this one.
He's such a good dad and takes good care of us and makes sure we have lots of fun. Sometimes (usually during church or dinner) I catch his eye over the heads of our crew and we share this look like "How did it go from just the two of us to this crazy life?"

Yesterday I drove my kids to Heber to see my good friend Megan. She and her family moved from our neighborhood to Heber a couple of years ago but I had never been to her new house.

Our kids are kind of the same ages and get a long really well. Only Sarah and her oldest remembered each other's families but it only took like 2 minutes for all the kids to be playing together. I wish I took more pictures but I was holding James pretty much the entire time.
My kids thought their house was as good as Disneyland. They have a trampoline, swing set, zip line, tetherball, a big lawn and tons of toys inside. It was great to see them again and my kids are already asking when we can go back.

Henry and Stockton went through their basketball cards and made a few trades.
Few things make me as happy as Erica's hair in the morning. She looks like Pippi Longstocking.
It's even crazier in the back.
So Erica didn't get suspicious as to why I was only taking a picture of her during breakfast, I took a picture of the rest of my kids too.



Sarah set herself up to make toast to order for everyone.
Judging by how sticky my kids and kitchen floor are by the end of each day and how exhausted they are, I think they are having a great summer!

1 comment:

Megan Goodrich said...

Look at all those cute kids! We all loved having you guys up and seeing the kids play with each other. That Erica is such a cutie (as are all your other kids, of course). Hoping that Henry ended up with all the important cards and you know you're welcome to trek up here anytime...much cheaper than Disneyland too! ;)