Sunday, February 25, 2018

All the rest

This little lady. I'm beginning to wonder if she'll clean anything without having to sit in time-out first.
The kids got some surprise Valentines in the mail from their aunt Lisa. (I didn't get the mail for a few days so they were late getting them. Oops. I'd like to think that made them more special.)
Sunday the 18th was my nephew Tyler's farewell (in the suit). I really don't know how I feel about these kids growing up but I do love seeing cousins become true friends. (I need to photoshop Jaana in since she's in DC for the semester).
My niece Kyra graduates this spring. She's pretty much Erica's favorite (especially when Jaana is across the country. Sorry Jaana).
 Isaac is coincidentally sitting right below his picture when he was like 5. How do these kids get so big? I love seeing the adults they've grown into. Henry was really sad about Tyler leaving for the UK this week so he made him a bookmark to take with him. I forgot to take a picture of the bookmark but he drew a picture of himself and James on one side and Erica and Sarah on the other side.
 There is finally snow in our backyard but for some reason it's been undisturbed for like 3 days now. I thought the shadow of the tree looked super creepy and cool.
James continues to love his blanket. He insists on having it in his highchair most of the time. If I can give him something to eat that he likes enough, he'll tolerate me tossing the blanket into the other room. He's getting attached to this jacket too. He doesn't want me to take it off when we come back inside.
I don't know what Erica is doing here but I wanted to get a picture of this dress. It reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream.
I found another use for James's suction cup toothbrush. Hands-free brushing.



Most days I think about how helpful a leaf rake would be in cleaning my house.
James surprises me by what he's easy-going about. Walking into the chapel=fits. Buzzing his hair with clippers=couldn't care less. Sitting in his highchair instead of standing=won't have it. All my kids have freaked out when I put snow pants on them when they were 1 but for James he didn't mind one bit. He had a little trouble getting used to walking in snow boots but after a couple of minutes he did fine.
 Cutest little snow baby. His thumbs aren't in the thumb part so he had a hard time grabbing snow. He wanted to eat the snow so badly he would lay down on his tummy and eat it right off the sidewalk. Finally he took off his gloves and picked up snow to eat but then his little hands got so cold he was done.
 Justin hit Henry (softly) in the face with a snowball.
Erica ate snow and tried to make snowballs to throw at Justin. A couple of neighbor kids came to play too. (Sarah was at the Hobbs' house sledding in their yard with Emily and Nora.)
I thought we were going to get off easy this winter with little snow but this last week we've been dumped on!

And then we went inside. Henry and Erica made themselves hot chocolate which for some aggravating reason involves cinnamon sugar. James pulled the container of cinnamon sugar off the table and spread it all around the kitchen floor, all over himself and then kamikazed face first into the couch. I was not pleased but that's what I get for leaving him unattended for 8 minutes.
Erica took this before he wiped it all off on the couch cushions.

I have 12 of these on my phone.


I found this on the living room floor after church. How did Adam and Eve feel about fruit? Were they forever wary? Did they feel untrusting toward all fruit?
This is the actual question, which I guess leads to a better discussion in primary.

No comments: